IT’S HARD TO BELIEVE THAT FIVE MONTHS OF THE YEAR ARE ALMOST GONE…WOW…WELCOME TO THURSDAY!!!
1. here come your thursday funnies!!
and now the meaning of LAZY….
and here’s another LAZY…
well, at least the next people are being honest!!
somebody is in for a rude awakening in the next one…ha ha
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to the LEGENDARY actor CLINT EASTWOOD…he’s cruising along in this life at 82 years old…
here’s CLINT way back in his younger years…
here is CLINT EASTWOOD in his “JOSEY WALES” days….
here’s CLINT in his classic “DIRTY HARRY” days…
here’s the awesome CLINT EASTWOOD today on birthday number 82….
3. what is my favorite CLINT EASTWOOD movie? well, it’s hard to decide on one, but this one is probably it….
by the way, if you are a CLINT EASTWOOD fan like i am, i totally recommend the following box set…..
obviously, CLINT EASTWOOD has been in the movie business for well over 35 years, but this features 35 movies in 35 years…FANTASTIC BOX SET….
4. actress SHARON GLESS has a birthday today…she is 69…can’t hardly believe that she’s one year away from 70…wow….
i always thought she was so doggone cute….
she starred opposite ROBERT WAGNER and EDDIE ALBERT in a tv show that i used to love…”SWITCH”…
however, SHARON GLESS is best known for starring with TYNE DALY in “CAGNEY AND LACEY.”
here’s SHARON GLESS today at 69….
and here’s a recent picture of SHARON GLESS and TYNE DALY…TYNE is now 66 years old…
5. 80′s singing sensation COREY HART is 50 today…a milestone for him…COREY had the hits “SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT”, “IT AIN’T ENOUGH”, “NEVER SURRENDER”, and “CAN’T HELP FALLING IN LOVE.”
here’s an album that a lot of us had back in the early 80′s….
here’s COREY HART today on his 50th birthday….
6. here’s a couple of COREY HART songs for you to sing along with…
here’s his 80′s classic “SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT.”
and here’s my favorite COREY HART song “IT AIN’T ENOUGH.”
7. okay…i’m sick of being sick….i’m not a very good “sick person.” i’m used to being on the go for about 12-14 hours a day, and being stuck at home on the couch hacking up a lung is not what i want to do…..but i can’t complain too much…i have some friends who have had this gunk for about 3 weeks now…..a friend of mine at M & H in ABERDEEN told me this morning about a “rinse” that they have at NATURAL ABUNDANCE. you apparently combine it with DISTILLED WATER and flush it in your nose in the shower, and it apparently causes a volcano of stuff to leave your body…thus being in the shower…..might have to try that….
8. our softball team from ST. JOHN’S in HECLA has their first practice tonight and we have our first game monday night in ABERDEEN…i don’t think i’m going to try playing this summer…i want to make darn sure i’m completely healed from my hernia surgery before i play….that’s because i have a horrible habit of sliding into bases with shorts on, and diving everywhere for softballs…..might be safer to take the summer off…
9. today is “world no tobacco day” where smokers are urged to try giving up cigarettes for just one day to see how it feels…and, because of that, it’s also “world scream at your spouse and kids day, and punch your co-workers in the face day.”
10. the national spelling bee continues today and features a six year old competing…yeah, six years old….and now DONALD TRUMP is demanding to see her birth certificate.
11. in CHINA, a stray dog followed a group of cyclists on their journey of more than 1,100 miles…animals are pretty smart…a stray dog in CHINA knows it shouldn’t stop running….
12. the ratings are thru the roof for the HISTORY CHANNEL’S first feature movie “HATFIELDS AND MCCOYS”, the story of a long running blood feud between two mountain clans…it’s like of like “THE SOPRANOS” with chewing tobacco and cousins marrying cousins….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband. Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen. ‘Careful,’ he said, ‘CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh my gosh! You’re cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? They’re going to STICK! Careful. CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL! You NEVER listen to me when you’re cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind? Don’t forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the! Salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!’ The wife stared at him. ‘What in the world is wrong with you?You think I don’t know how to fry a couple of eggs?’ The husband calmly replied, ‘I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I’m driving.’
AMEN TO THAT!!!
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY…