OH YEAH….THREE DAY WEEKEND COMING UP….WOO-HOO!!!!
1. here are your labor day weekend funnies…
hmm…i have no idea what to do tomorrow…OH YES I DO…
well, i guess there’s more than one way to have a baby….
it’s about time a bar came up with a great idea to increase business…ha ha ha….
and, if you’re going to be hiring someone, why not have fun with it…
HEY, I FOUND A NEW GAME TO PLAY…i would like to play it for one month straight….
and finally, i have heard that teaching can drive you to drinking…
2. one of my favorite pop stars of the 70′s is having a birthday today…i’m talking about TONY DEFRANCO from “TONY DEFRANCO AND THE DEFRANCO FAMILY.” they had a couple of tremendous hits, including one of my all time favorite pop songs, “HEARTBEAT IT’S A LOVEBEAT…” also, a song called “ABRA-CA-DABRA.”
here he is the way you remember him….
TONY DEFRANCO turns 53 today…he is a real estate agent and music producer out in CALIFORNIA…here are a couple of pictures from the last few years of TONY…
3. i would be shirking my duties to not do a couple of songs by TONY DEFRANCO AND THE DEFRANCO FAMILY….
this is a SUPER COOL video…it’s the band with the legendary JACK BENNY…some comedy, and both of their hits “HEARTBEAT IT’S A LOVEBEAT”, and “ABRA-CA-DABRA.”
4. you might not remember the name DON STROUD, but you will certainly remember his acting roles….DON STROUD has made appearances in over 100 movies and over 175 tv shows in his career….his movies include the 1968 movie “COOGAN’S BLUFF”, the 1978 movie “THE BUDDY HOLLY STORY”, and one of my faves, the 1979 horror classic “THE AMITYVILLE HORROR.”
see if you remember him….
he played FATHER BOLEN in “THE AMITYVILLE HORROR.”
DON STROUD will turn 69 on saturday…..here he is in recent years….he’s on the left side of the first picture….
5. remember the name EILEEN BRENNAN? this actress will turn 80 on monday…..she played the brothel madam “BILLIE” in the classic movie “THE STING.” she also played MRS. PEACOCK in the movie “CLUE”, based on the popular board game…but, EILEEN BRENNAN is best known for playing the overbearing commanding officer in “PRIVATE BENJAMIN.”
and here is EILEEN BRENNAN today a couple of days before birthday number EIGHTY…
6. well, my plans are working out tremendously…remember yesterday when i said that i wanted to see the new horror movie “THE POSSESSION?” well, guess what? MITCHELL suprised us and came home from college, and TYLER was over at the house last night for supper…..we all agreed that we will go see the movie together this weekend…YAY!!! but, like i said, there is NO WAY that my beautiful wife will be going…she made her point very clear last night…ha ha…..
7. a friend of mine posted a funny one on his facebook site yesterday….he said this…
“TIM TEBOW threw a beautiful touchdown yesterday…..then he shut off the X-BOX and went to practice.”
that is HILARIOUS….
8. on wednesday, a secret service member left a gun in the bathroom on MITT ROMNEY’S campaign plane….the agent noticed it was missing when he reached into his pocket to grab a dollar bill at a strip club…..
9. i told you yesterday about the auction sale coming up in ENGLAND where a pair of soiled underwear worn by ELVIS PRESLEY will be auctioned off…..people are wondering when they got soiled…i would assume it was the day that he found out his daughter LISA MARIE was marrying MICHAEL JACKSON….
10. MADONNA recently warned AMERICANS not to get fat and lazy and take freedom for granted….she really angered me…i would have gotten off the couch and changed the channel, but i was balancing a bag of cheetos, two twinkies, a big mac and a gallon of diet pepsi….
11. KIM KARDASHIAN is hoping to be the first tv reality star to get a star on the HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME….umm..may i suggest a BUTT PRINT?
12. JOY BEHAR says her new talk show will avoid “tawdry tabloid subjects.” in other words, it doesn’t stand a chance of making it….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
priest walked into a barber shop in Washington, D.C. After he got his haircut, he asked how much it would be.
The barber said, “No charge. I consider it a service to the Lord.”
The next morning, the barber came to work and there were 12 prayer books and a thank you note from the priest in front of the door.
Later that day, a police officer came in and got his hair cut. He then asked how much it was.
The barber said, “No charge. I consider it a service to the community.”
The next morning, he came to work and there were a dozen donuts and a thank you note from the police officer.
Then, a Senator came in and got a haircut. When he was done he asked how much it was.
The barber said, “No charge. I consider it a service to the country.”
The next morning, the barber came to work and there were 12 Senators in front of the door.
HAVE AN AWESOME LABOR DAY WEEKEND…