1. it was a proud day in the dean household yesterday, as my son tyler WON the discus event at the lake region conference meet in ipswich…PLUS my son mitchell shot his PERSONAL BEST EVER in his event, too….and if that wasn’t enough, my nephew corey once again won the triple jump……my boys OBVIOUSLY got their sporting talents from my wife, jeannie.
1a. my wife jeannie and i were outside last night enjoying the nice weather playing our board game called “beanbag toss”, or “cornholing”. i dont’ like the second name….anyway, you go to 21 points…i won the first two games and jeannie had me 19-0 in game two and i came back and won 21-19……but she won’t admit to me that i’m superior…ha ha
2. i am a huge fan of the news shows on cnn, cnbc, fox news, and others, but to me the 9:00 hour nightly is by far THE WORST hour of news on television….i cannot stand one of the news people at that time….greta van susteren, keith olbermann, nancy grace, and donnie deutch are horrible….of those four, NANCY GRACE AND KEITH OLBERMANN are the ones that i wish would go away….nancy grace is the rudest news person on television……
3. have you ever watched the E! entertainment networks “KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS.?” i don’t watch it, but happened to come across it last night….bruce jenner is on the show, and HE LOOKS PLASTIC….he has had about six too many plastic surgeries….he looks almost as bad as kenny rogers.
4. some “end of the earth” weirdos are predicting that gasoline will rise up around 10 dollars a gallon before it subsides…..a couple of things….1. i don’t think our government will permit it to get that high….and 2. if it gets that high, i’ll be walking in from warner every morning.
5. on this date in 1997, ellen degeneres came out of the closet and announced that she was gay….I REALLY DON’T CARE…it doesn’t bother me that someone has this lifestyle, i just don’t want to hear about it..i have friends and family who are in this lifestyle….HOWEVER, i don’t walk around telling everyone that i’m straight, and i don’t use radio to profess this every day either…..be quiet and enjoy life….
6. scientists and brazil report finding a new species…..a “legless lizard.” wait a minute, wasn’t she married to paul mccartney? (oooohhh that was low…..)
7. singer willie nelson turns 75 today…..all that pot must be keeping him looking so good…..ugh…..also, singer bobby vee is 65 years old today….he got his big break playing in fargo the night that buddy holly, the big bopper and ritchie valens were killed. by the way, bobby vee lives in st. cloud, minnesota….i was backstage at one of his shows, and he invited me to stop by his house in st. cloud sometime….how cool would that be….although, i will never stop by though…feels kinda weird….
8. HOW ABOUT THIS FOR AN ENDING….a newspaper carrier in illinois noticed that an elderly couple had not taken their papers out of the box for a few days so he went inside the house to check on them….he found the 84 year old wife PINNED underneath her DEAD husband…the husband had evidently had a heart attack and fell on top of his wife…she laid there for FIVE DAYS with her dead husband on top of her……HOW HORRIBLE WOULD THAT BE?
9. my boys have never been to rapid city, so we spent last night planning out our week in july to have fun in rapid city..it’s amazing how much there is to do in rapid city and the black hills region……..
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW….REMEMBER, YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT firstname.lastname@example.org
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY…..