1. well, gang, this is the last time i’ll talk with you this week…i have to attend the south dakota synod convention in sioux falls on friday and saturday for my church in hecla, so i’ll be gone friday….i’ll leave control of the station in the very capable hands of a young, scott solberg. i’ll be back monday.
2. well, the south dakota primary is really going to mean something this year. barrack o’bama is coming to aberdeen on saturday, and former president bill clinton is coming to aberdeen on monday. both candidates will be making numerous stops in the state including president clinton stopping in webster, milbank and sisseton. hillary clinton is also in the state stumping. kind of exciting, isn’t it?
3. it feels kinda weird having my son working full time and calling me for a dinner date….i’m very sad that we’re at this point in our family where they’re both becoming adults and are about ready to move out.
4. “sex and the city” opens up friday at carmike cinema 9 theaters…i’ve already informed my wife that this will be a “girls night out” at the movies….i’m definetly not going to that one. but i do want to see the movie ‘the strangers’ starring liv tyler. that also starts friday at carmike. it’s about a bunch of masked intruders that enter liv’s home and terrifies them.
5. at the international space station the “multi million dollar” toilet is broken….didn’t that happen on star trek when captain kirk told them to “boldly go where no man has gone before?”
6. a cheval, florida man is upset that 40 thousand dollars of his wife’s jewelry was stolen by a NUDE MAID that he hired to clean the house while his wife was away….. A NUDE MAID to clean the house while your wife is out of town? there’s one i’ve never heard before………
7. TALK ABOUT STUPID….food maker rachael ray is in hot water over a commercial where she’s wearing a scarf that people say reminds them of a terrorists headress…..c’mon people…..they commercial was pulled after people complained that it was the same color and style of traditional headress worn by arab men including yasser arafat….some people need to find more things to do.
8. ratings were down on “american idol” this year….i think it’s the fact that even though there’s a winner, about five or six artists get record contracts by the end of the show….it doesn’t mean much to win it anymore when everyone else eliminated gets record contracts, too. by the way, my favorite american idol star to record an album? KIMBERLEY LOCKE….
9. a 61 year old tennessee woman who has spent her life in an “iron lung” has died after the power generator failed after the power went out in their home….what a horrible and weird way to go.
10. it doesn’t matter to me what sexual preference she has, i still think that “KRISTY MCNICHOL” was one of the most beautiful and sexiest stars of the 70’s…..also, brooke shields used to make my head turn as well.
THAT’S IT FOR NOW…..TALK TO YA MONDAY….ENJOY YOUR THURSDAY…….