1. I’M SO EXCITED….our son tyler, got second place in the discus event yesterday at the regionals and qualified for the state tourney next friday in sioux falls…the ironic thing is that we were already going to be in sioux falls for our nephew wade’s wedding….also, my nephew corey haaland also qualified for the state track meet….should be fun….
2. you can tell you’re living in small town south dakota when you walk out of your house at 4:40am and hear a rooster crowing IN TOWN WARNER….i think it’s hilarious…don’t know quite what the neighbors think though….ha ha
3. i saw something unusual this morning…while i was coming in from warner on highway 281, there was a dead deer on the side of the road, and three deer standing around it looking at the carcass. they didn’t budge when i drove by….it was like they were having some kind of a “deer funeral” or something…..kind of cool…..
4. speaking of track meets a bit ago, it was so nice to be out at a track meet yesterday and finally have a beautiful sunny warm day….some of the track meets this year were cold, rainy, or windy…yesterday was beautiful and the weekend is going to be the same.
5. i don’t know why i did this, but i registered myself on “facebook.” i’m under the name “jay dean”. i’ve been on it less than 12 hours and already have four friends signed up….wow, maybe i do have friends…ha ha…. i’ve always stayed away from this deal, because of security and privacy paranoia. but many of my friends are on their and seem to like it.
6. speaking of privacy….i am NOT A FAN of the x-box 360 thing where you can not only play people across the country, but talk to them while you’re playing….i’m sorry, call me old fashioned or whatever, but this seems dangerous…….a person could slip and give out information about where you live and stuff, and people could show up at your house. plus our kids are learning to NOT COMMUNICATE face to face because of this, facebook, msn, my space and other entities….it’s kind of sad…
7. yesterday at the hillary clinton visit to bath, our news guy jay kleinknecht was in the press area mingling with people from fox news, cnn and other national news teams…it’s only a matter of time before this talented news guy is hosting his own news show after bill o’reilly on fox….i just hope that jay doesn’t forget the small people that he stepped on and squashed on his way to the top..ha ha
8. IT’S FINALLY FRIDAY…man, this week has DRAGGED ON….i’ve been busier this week than a rubber glove salesman at a proctologists convention.
9. on this day in 1985 actress margaret hamilton died at the age of 82..she played the bad witch on the wizard of oz….what an incredible actress…i was scared to death of the witch and those DAMN FLYING MONKEYS in the wizard of oz movie. it is, by the way, my all time favorite movie.
10. bea arthur who played “maude” turned 86 this week…and this sunday, her tv husband on maude, actor bill macy also turns 86…what’s the chance of that happening?
HAPPY FRIDAY, MORE TO COME…..