1. WHAT A CRAPPY DAY OF GOLFING YESTERDAY….does the wind have to blow every single day? my one day of golfing per year and the wind was horrible…..of course, there were other factors in my horrible golfing, among them, i suck at golfing…….
2. i have to get on my soapbox one more time….yesterday i told a ted kennedy joke, and got a couple of phone calls on it…the joke was “ted kennedy was in the hospital over the weekend, but his doctor said he should be back on the barstool in no time.” a couple of points on this:
a. ted kennedy’s drinking is WELL DOCUMENTED.
b. i tell jokes about every candidate no matter what party they are……i’m paid to entertain on my morning party.
c. my “POLITICAL PREFERENCE”, has nothing to do with my morning show…i vote for the best people in the election no matter what party they are.
d. watch david letterman, jay leno and others and to see if they poke fun at candidates….it’s all in fun.
e. some people need to relax…..
3. wasn’t lucille ball one of the funniest women on tv ever? i watched a couple of episodes of “i love lucy” the other night, and she was incredible…and didn’t have to talk filthy to be funny, either. who’s your favorite comedian of all time? let me know.
4. HELLO…IS OUR GOVERNMENT HERE? ARE YOU FOLKS IN WASHINGTON LISTENING? this price of gas is getting crazier and crazier….it’s time for our governement to step in and do something…..this is getting absolutely ridiculous.
5. we have church softball practice tonight in hecla for my church league softball team. i’m pretty excited about playing church league this year, other than i’m completely out of shape, and will probably have a heart attack trying to get back in shape….oh wait, i am in shape…the shape of a pear….
6. one of the tabloids has a story about suri cruise, the two year old daughter of tom cruise and katie holmes….the story is about the two year old switching from a bottle to a sippy cup….DO WE REALLY CARE? every kid does that but because her parents are famous we’re supposed to care?
7. we’re having our memorial day program in hecla monday morning at 10:00 at the hecla community center. speaking at our event is aberdeen mayor mike levsen….if you can come, we’d love to have you.
8. cher is 52 today…her face is 7.
9. the tv show “cheers” had their series finale on this day in 1993…more than 80 million people watched the show, including yours truly….i actually went to the studio where the show was filmed, and sat on “norm’s barstool.” that was pretty cool.
10. sad day back in 1989 when saturday night live star “gilda radner” died of ovarian cancer at the age of 42…..i LOVED gilda on saturday night live…who didn’t love “roseanne rosanadanna” and “emily littella”. i told my boys that the original cast of snl was by far the best….chevy chase, lorraine newman (who is juice newton’s sister), garrett morris, dan ackroyd, john belushi and others…they were awesome…
THAT’S IT FOR NOW…HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYBODY…..