1. okay…it’s official….i think that the “quaker oats guy” creeps me out MORE than the burger king guy…….he reminds me somewhat of the priest on “poltergiest.” watching commercials on tv shouldn’t give you the willies, but quaker and burger king do.
2. JELL-O was introduced on this day in 1897……when you were a kid, wasn’t cherry jell-o and whipped cream put together possibly the best treat ever? although, when i had stomach surgery back in 1987, i had to live on chicken broth and jell-o for about six months, and i don’t think i’ve touched the stuff yet.
3. while we were cleaning up from supper last night, we were watching a rerun of “two and a half men” with charlie sheen and jon cryer……it’s quite possibly the best show on television, in my opinion….kinda dirty, but very funny….the other two shows i cannot miss on tv are “the simpsons” and “family guy.”
4. hard to beleive this, but it was TEN YEARS AGO TODAY that actor phil hartman was shot to death by his wife brynn, who then turned the gun on herself…..a couple of things…. most importantly, the kids were in the house when this happened, doesn’t your heart just break for them, and i wonder how they’re doing today. secondly, how big would have phil hartman have been had he lived. he was BY FAR the most creative person on saturday night live, and he was great on “newsradio.”
5. actress denise richards says that she is having problems living on the 52,000 DOLLARS A MONTH that actor charlie sheen is paying her from their marriage….YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME….she had trouble living on that every month? it’s more than myself and most of us make in a year……
6. “south dakota” is tied for sixth with alaska as the state with the “most knowledgeable drivers in the united states.” that’s pretty cool….kansas is number one, minnesota is at number five. the worst states include new jersey at number one, d.c. at number two. i beleive that, i drove on the beltway in washington, d.c. and it was a nightmare.
7. concert update….don’t forget to get your tickets to 38 special in hankinson, north dakota on june 12th and 13th, and for boston and styx in hinckley, minnesota on june 13th. if you need ticket information contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. the man who “whistled” the “andy griffith theme” has died at the age of 88. earle h. hagen also wrote the theme songs for “the dick van dyke show”, “that girl” “the danny thomas show” and “i spy.” pretty talented guy……
9. the “enormous omelet sandwich” at burger king is now officially my son mitchell and my favorite breakfast sandwich….i’m sure it’s a bunch of calories, but food that tastes good is always a bit fattening….ha ha
10. thought for today….”the average wife talks 50 percent faster than her husband listens.” truer words have probably never been spoken.
THAT’S IT FOR NOW….ENJOY YOUR WEDNESDAY AND BE SAFE OUT THERE…….