1. it’s track and field regionals today, and i’m excited about a couple of things. my nephew corey haaland is number one in the state in the triple jump and his picture is in the american news today. plus both my sons are trying to qualify for state today at the regionals….should be a lot of fun.
2. i was doing my pastoral work up in hecla last night. i have a couple of ladies who are close to death. i find death to be beautiful and peaceful. if you have faith, it’s not so scary. it’s when young people die suddenly that it’s hard to understand.
3. i was watching “glen beck” last night on tv, and his guest was former republican senator bob barr who is running for president as a libertarian. there’s almost no chance for him to win presidency, but the guy had some incredible ideas that make sense. hopefully our two top candidates will listen to him and adapt some ideas.
4. both of my boys are out of school for the year now….it’s funny, because last night the running and having kids over till 11:00 started already…..man oh man, do i miss having summers of when i was a kid. i would do ANYTHING to have summers off again.
5. best afternoon snack….cherry pies at mcdonalds….i was so ticked when they stopped having them for awhile a few years back….DON’T DO IT TO ME AGAIN, RONALD MCDONALD…
6. i had an awful dream last night…i dreamed that scarlett johansson was for sale at home depot, but she was on the top shelf…and by the time i got to her, she had aged and looked like bea arthur…..WHAT A NIGHTMARE…
7. according to ‘acess hollywood’, tom cruise is in negotiations for star in ‘mission impossible 4’. i can just hear the tape recorded message now…”GOOD MORNING MR. CRUISE….YOUR MISSION, TOM, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, IS TO CONVINCE THE PUBLIC THAT YOU’RE NOT A TOTAL WACKO AND FRUITCAKE.”
8. in 1987 on this day the movie “ishtar” opened in theaters….it’s highly regarded as one of the worst movies ever made….obviously those people have never seen “the adventures of remo williams.” that was me and jeannie’s first date…it’s suprising we stayed together after that…ha ha
9. alaska hit a milestone yesterday, becoming the first state to hit over FOUR DOLLARS A GALLON FOR GAS….this is getting pathetic…..gas goes up, food goes up, clothing goes up….EVERYTHING GOES UP BUT OUR PAYCHECKS…..this sucks……
10. a new survey says that 45 percent of americans have gained weight because of eating on the job at the current job. i gained my most weight working at the aberdeen chrysler center….we seemed to eat all day long there…speaking of the chrysler center, congratulations to my friends JEFF SCHICK for getting “national service manager of the year for dodge.” also congrats to CHAD NORBY for getting regional sales manager of the year for dodge. “norbs” was one of my favorite people that i worked with at chrysler center. he’s a big teddy bear, who was one of the nicest people there.
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW….TALK TO YA SOON…HAPPY THURSDAY…..