1. WHERE THE HECK DID JUNE GO? july starts tomorrow, and it’s a four day workweek this week, right before the fourth ofjuly weekend….this kind of week gets me going again about implementing a four day week every week…wouldn’t that be cool?
2. yesterday we were doing some yard work, and it involved one of us getting up on the high part of the roof of our house to saw down some branches….i’m scared to death of heights, but my oldest son, tyler, jumped right on the ladder and took off….he wasn’t scared at all, but there’s something scary about having your kids up on the roof….he just plopped down and hung his legs over the side and started cutting…he’s a whole lot braver than me.
3. my nephew brandon, and his new wife stephanie were married in clark over the weekend, and i was honored and thrilled to be able to marry them……these two were friends for years, before they started dating…..in a perfect world, that’s probably the best way to go…….
4. speaking of the wedding, we had a very original wedding rehearsal supper….we were just out in the backyard of the bride’s parents house in clark, and we enjoyed homemade salads, and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs….it’s one of the best rehearsal suppers i’ve ever had, and was simple and easy…..
5. the bride’s parents own and run “the playhouse” in clark….i’ve actually eaten there before and they have really really good food…..extremely nice people, too….and beth, stephanie’s mom, actually listens to my morning show…that’s pretty cool……
6. clark county must be the “RACCOON CAPITAL OF THE WORLD…” while heading into clark on saturday afternoon, there was one spot on the highway that had three gigantic dead raccoons lying straight across from each other…i’ve never seen anything like that before, plus there were two other big ones on other spots of the highways.
7. ATTENTION COKE AND PEPSI VENDORS IN ABERDEEN…..either you head to the gas station in warner and fix your machines, or i’m taking a bat to them…….i’ve lost a bunch of money in one of them, and the other one won’t take any money….it sucks when you’re dying for a pop and can’t get one……
8. mitchell and i saw the new steve carrell movie “get smart”, the remake of the don adam’s tv show…it was INCREDIBLY FUNNY….i don’t know if i’ve ever seen a bad steve carrell movie….the guy is great, and he’s king of the tv on his hit show “the office.”
9. an iowa golfer got two holes in one in the same round…but don’t confuse that with golfer john daly, who had two rounds in the same hole….
10. on this date in 1952 the soap opera “the guiding light” went from radio to tv….that brought back memories of watching soap opera’s with my grandma doris when i was about 4-6 years old….i’d go to veblen and stay with grandma and grandpa all the time, and grandma and i were SOAP OPERA JUNKIES….we started out the day by watching “the young and the restless”, then it was “days of our lives” and then “the doctors” then “another world”, and finally it was “somerset.” REMEMBER THOSE SHOWS? i used to LOVE “the doctors”.
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW…HOPE YOU HAVE INCREDIBLE MONDAY…..