1. my son tyler has a job this summer that takes him away overnight once in awhile….this gives me the chance to see what it’s going to be like after he graduates next year…..i don’t like it…….
2. my kids have the same problem i’ve always had…..get a check in hand and you have to spend it….thank goodness my wife is the other way around….
3. the other day while filling up a cup of diet pepsi at a local convenience store, a man walked in with his coffee cup, and stood there filling it up next to me…..the guy COUGHED AND COUGHED AND COUGHED all over the coffee machine and the counter without covering his mouth….GROSS…some people just don’t have the basic manners needed to survive in this world. what’s the grossest thing you’ve ever seen? e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. our fascination with death is kind of funny….many singers have become WAY MORE POPULAR in death than they were in life…..elvis presley is one of the biggest and best entertainers that ever lived, and he’s selling the same amount of music, if not more, than when he was at the peak of his career….artists like hank williams, sr. whose been dead since 1953 continue to sell MILLIONS of cd’s every year…..the same goes for patsy cline, keith whitley, dean martin and others…..that’s really wild.
5. be careful and courteous out there…..driver’s education kids are out in full force……i have always wanted to do something crazy like drive in front of them with my left blinker on the whole time, but then i have flashbacks to what it was like when i was driving, and it doesn’t seem like such a brilliant idea.
6. i was on my way to hecla last night and saw the CUTEST baby deer hanging out with it’s mama….they are so precious when they’re small, but they’re not so cute when they’re plastered onto the grill of your vehicle.
7. the minnesota twins keep on winning….it’s now EIGHT GAMES IN A ROW….wouldn’t that be cool if they could keep it going to like 15 or more? keep it tuned right here to find out…and remember, every twins game can be heard on our sister station ksdn am 930.
8. the movie WALL-E opens up in theaters this weekend…it’s about a cute little robot…i like the movie better when it was called ‘SHORT CIRCUIT.’ that was a really cool movie back in the 80’s.
9. the oreo cookie was invented on this day in 1912….and so began the tradition of licking and eating out the creamy middle and throwing both cookie parts away……
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW…ENJOY YOUR THURSDAY…