1. HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND…should be a great, but busy weekend…..i have a wedding rehearsal tonight, tyler’s first football game of the season tonight, i’m at pierson ford from 10-1 on saturday, i perform a wedding at 5pm, and then i preach on sunday morning in hecla at 9am. my wife just informed me that she’s going to be gone sunday and monday, which means one thing…MY BUTT WILL BE ON THE COUCH THOSE TWO DAYS…YEAH!!!!
2. i don’t know if it’s the weather or what, but i’m getting home about 3:30-4:00 in the afternoon and crashing for like two hours every day….i must be exhausted or something.
3. i watched my beloved redskins last night on television for their final preseason game against the jacksonville jaguars…it was ugly….i bet we go 8-8 this year……one bright spot, hawaii quarterback colt brennan, who we picked up LATE in the draft, looked great again…jason campbell had better watch his step, because colt is ready to play.
4. LEOLA FREDERICK AT WARNER TONIGHT AT 7:00 for the first game of the high school football season…as i mentioned before, i’m super excited but sad because it’s the beginning of the end of tyler in high school……..
5. i’m planning on spending some time at the theater this weekend…i want to see the movie “disaster movie”. i love parody movies, ones that don’t make me think, and have clever, funny little puns in them.
6. it’s going to be hot hot hot this weekend with highs in the 90 degree range with lots of wind….another great reason to have my butt on the couch.
7. barrack o’bama made his acceptance speech last night at the democratic convention in denver, and john mccain is expected to announce his running mate this morning….here’s something funny…minnesota governor tim pawlenty has cancelled all of his interviews and public appearances for today….DO YOU SUPPOSE IT’S HIM?
8. jeannie and i watched the new “GONG SHOW” on comedy central last night…horrible…the only bright spot was “triumph the insult comic dog” as one of the judges….dave attell just is not the proper host for the show…..I MISS CHUCK BARRIS AND HIS ORIGINAL GONG SHOW…remember that? gene gene the dancing machine, the unknown comic, and others…that show was cool.
9. dolly parton’s public relations person was speaking up yesterday contradicting an internet report that said that dolly parton had died….the p.r. person said that dolly parton is alive and well and still singing….in other words, “her hills are alive with the sound of music.”
10. michael jackson turns 50 today, his latest nose turns 7, and his emotional age turns 15….i don’t know whether to dislike this guy, or feel sorry for him….hopefully at 50 he grows up.
HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND, I’LL TALK TO YOU TUESDAY MORNING…..