IT’S FRIDAY…BRING ON THE WEEKEND, BABY….
1. RICK SPRINGFIELD TONIGHT IN MITCHELL AT THE CORN PALACE…my son mitchell and i will be leaving warner around 3:30 today, heading down to the concert….when jeannie is with, she doesn’t like to hear the artist’s music on the cd all the way to the concert…i can GUARANTEE you that mitch and i will listen to rick springfield all the way there, and probably all the way home.
2. HOW ABOUT THOSE TWINS? the twins are on the longest road trip since 1969…they will play 14 games in a row on the road, because of the republican convention in minneapolis. how perfect that the twins got the winning run last night from former twin torii hunter, who had a ball go off the top of his glove in the top of the 12th inning for the twins to beat the angels…..the twins need to win a bunch of games on the road, so they can continue their trek to get to the playoffs.
3. it’s moving day today…against my better judgement, i will be moving out of my office today and moving in with newsguy jay kleinknecht….he should be a good roomy, other than his bad habit of starting fires in the trashcans……
4. my good friend and a sweet lady, irene call of aberdeen turns 80 today…irene makes the absolute best STRAWBERRY PIZZAS…she brings on in once in awhile to the studios and people go nuts over them….happy birthday my dear….ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL NIECE ERIN…LOVE YA BABE….
5. high school football starts a week from tonight….next week is going to drag getting to the opening kickoff…i cannot wait…..by the way, check out the american news new football site, dakotapigskin.com it’s a great high school football site.
6. we take our family pictures on saturday for the church directory in warner….it breaks my heart thinking that this COULD be the last time we take a four person family picture……with tyler graduating next may and moving on, things could change in the future….
7. massachusetts is considering an assisted suicide bill….i already know how that happens…it happens when you wear a new york yankees hat at fenway park in boston.
8. a new poll says that most football fans think that the new england patriots will win the super bowl this season….the dallas cowboys are second…(BOOOOOOOO!!!!!) peyton manning was chosen the best quarterback, and 54 percent of voters said that brett favre should have stayed retired……
9. soccer star david beckman was voted the “best abs in hollywood.” apparently they haven’t seen mine. i guess they haven’t seen mine….i have great abs, they’re just protected by a crapload of fat.
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW…HAVE A SUPERB WEEKEND..