1. well, we had our fantasy football draft last night at the radio station….i first of all want to thank MY COUSIN JESSIE AND THE GANG AT THATZZA PIZZA IN THE LAKEWOOD MALL for donating the pizza and italian fries for our party…as always, it’s the best pizza in town. i recieved the second pick overall, and i took adrian peterson, the terrific running back from the minnesota vikings. we had a BLAST last night, especially listening to news guy jay kleinknect whine about not knowing how to run a computer.
2. i have a lot of great clients that i sell advertising to after the morning party is over. one of my favorite to talk to is rich squire from squire-lussem insurance agency in aberdeen. rich and i could talk music and bands and tours for hours and hours and hours….and it’s amazing how much we have the same tastes in music……
3. i also had to make a sales trip to the american news yesterday and ran into my good ole buddy jeff bahr. jeff has an incredible blog on aberdeennews.com jeff’s another guy i could talk to for a long time. very nice guy and super good at what he does.
4. tonight’s the last night of preseason football in the nfl…and a week from tonight the regular season kicks off with THE WASHINGTON redskins against the new york giants….BRING IT ON BABY…the nfl is the most watched and most popular sport in america.
5. also high school football gets underway tomorrow night, and it will be bittersweet for me, as my son tyler starts his last football season at warner. and don’t forget, the nsu football team kicks off their season tonight at swisher field at 6pm. you can hear the game on our sister station the rock 94.1 or listen on the internet on the TEL SERVE WOLVES LINE at hubcityradio.com
6. my brother troy and i used to get up early early early saturday mornings to watch cartoons…(remember when saturday mornings were actually cartoons and not the crap they have today?)…anyway, it’s funny how we couldn’t get up for school, but saturday mornings, we had no trouble waking up at 6am….
here are some of our favorite cartoon shows that really didn’t withstand the test of time. i have seem some of these in the last few years, and they didn’t transcend time.
some of our favorites were:
the banana splits
sabrina the teenage witch and the groovy ghoulies
archie, jughead, veronica, betty, reggie, moose, mr. weatherbee, miss grundy and the gang
land of the lost
h.r. puffinstuff (what kind of drug induced person created that show?)
sigmund and the seamonsters
can you think of any else? contact me at email@example.com
7. actor david soul from starsky and hutch, and the guy who had the huge pop hit “don’t give up on us baby” turns 65 today…wow, 65……actually, now that i’m almost 45, 65 doesn’t seem so old.
8. actress nicolette sheridan and singer michael bolton have called it quits in their relationship…why? because nicolette finally realized that marrying michael bolton means listening to his music for the rest of her life…..
9. this fall, the nba will have the golden state warriors and the milwaukee bucks going to china to play a game. all children who make their own shoes and clothing will get in free.
10. neil diamond is refunding concertgoers their money because his voice was raspy due to a throat problem…in a related story, singer rod stewart is returning everybody’s money because his voice cleared up….
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW…HAPPY THURSDAY…