WE HAVE A SPONSOR OF THE MORNING BLOG….A HUGE THANKS TO “CLEAR BLUE RETREAT POOLS AND SPAS ON SOUTH MAIN STREET. MAKE SURE TO STOP AND THANK THEM FOR BRINGING YOU THIS BLOG!!!!!!!!
1. what a weekend in the nfl…here are some highlights
a: vikings beat the panthers….gus frerrotte looked a lot better than tavaris jackson.
b: redskins beat the cardinals….skins look a lot better than week one vs. the giants
c: the miami dolphins ripped the patriots….oh, that’s too bad. ronnie brown, 5 touchdowns.
d: cowboys beat the packers last night in the battle of undefeated teams.
e: indy colts screwed by late call, jacksonville marches down and hits a field goal.
2. speaking of the nfl, you already know that i hate the dallas cowboys…well, here’s another thing…i’m getting sick and tired of dallas qb tony romo’s backwards hat, and sickening “young boy” smile and demeanor. he might be a really nice guy, but i’m tired of it.
3. i took an antihistamine last night before i went to bed, because my allergies are kickin’ my butt right now….i don’t like antihistamine’s because they make you feel like you’re really dragging the next morning.
4. jeannie found out yesterday just how much i love her. i gave up watching my redskins so we could go to a movie together….i know that she was testing me, and i passed with flying colors…..we went to see “burn after reading”. it was pretty good, had a stupid ending, as the coen brothers have done before. (no country for old men). brad pitt is funnier than heck in this movie.
5. my son tyler got to ride in the homecoming parade and got to ride at halftime of the football game friday night because he was homecoming king. we were so proud of him. one of my parishoners up in hecla asked me ‘so when does he go on to state competition? oh wait, that’s snow queen.’ ha ha that was a good one.
6. a restraunt in switzerland is in hot water for serving some food that was made with a woman’s breast milk…yuck….i can hear their new slogan…”DELICIOUS FOOD JUST LIKE MOM USED TO MAKE.”
7. yankee stadium is now closed….i really thought i would care more than i do…..it is, though, kind of sad to see the history of that ballpark go by the wayside.
8. birthday’s today…get this…the singer of “mickey” toni basi is 65!!!!!!! wow….plus debby boone is 52…she sang “you light up my life” and i used to be in love with her….i felt horrible for thinking the things about her when i found out the song was about “God.” ha ha
9. how’s this for ironic….a hog calling contest in idaho was won by a woman named jolee bacon….hog…bacon….wow, is that funny.
happy monday everybody…