CLEAR BLUE RETREAT ON SOUTH MAIN IN ABERDEEN BRINGS YOU TODAY’S DAILY BLOG….WHEN YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A HOT TUB, LOOK NO FURTHER THAN CLEAR BLUE RETREAT….
1. nfl news: it had to be a thrill for taylor mehlhaff to play in london yesterday…his saints won a thriller over san diego…my redskins are 6-2, should be 7-1, but anyhow, they beat the detroit lions yesterday….the vikings had a bye week….I HATE BYE WEEKS….
2. tyler and i went to see a movie friday night. we went to the debut of ‘saw V”….it’s a typical “saw” movie…..gross as heck…pretty good story to it…not an academy award winner, but yet, an enjoyable night at the movies. by the way, tons and tons of kids at the movies friday night to see “high school musical 3”.
3. after running ragged all week long, it’s awesome to stay home with the wife and kids all day sunday….we were tempted to run yesterday, but lounging around, coming in and out of consciousness is once in awhile a lot of fun.
4. we had an 85th birthday party for my grandpa saturday in pierpont. it was a wonderful time…great to see some cousins and other relatives that i haven’t seen for quite a while. at the end of the day, we had a one hour performance by perk washenberger of aberdeen as he played his accordian. we danced to a few polkas and waltzes and had a blast.
5. this wednesday night i’m taking my four confirmation students in hecla to do a funeral home tour at dahlstrom funeral home in oakes. i would have been terrified to go to a funeral home when i was in junior high, but the kids seem excited. (funny how i picked halloween week to do this….)
6. this is no kidding….a new study finds that the smelly rotten egg gas in human flatulence controls blood pressure in mice….OH MY GOODNESS…why do we need to know that, and who was the first person to “pass gas” on a mouse…….we can’t find a cure for cancer, but we know all about farting on mice…..what a world….
7. a dubai radio station fired one of their disc jockey’s for “impersonating God”. it’s different in the united states….we don’t fire people for impersonating God, we re-elect them……
8. in colorado, when a couple ordered tacos, they recieved an extra topping…A BAG OF MARIJUANA….mcdonald’s should try this and have “really really happy meals.”
9. a new report released the other day shows that the new york yankees new ballpark is running about 30 percent over budget? why? mostly because of the bulletproof glass for the owner’s box.
10. JOKE OF THE DAY….
a well worn dollar bill and a similarily distressed twenty dollar bill arrive at the federal reserve to be retired. as they moved down the conveyer belt, they started up a conversation. the twenty dollar bill bragged about all of it’s travels, from a show on broadway in new york city, to a day at disneyland in california, to a trip to london, england and more. the dollar bill said, “wow, you’ve had an incredible life.” so the twenty dollar bill asks the dollar bill, ‘where have you been during your life?’..the dollar bill says, “oh, i’ve been to the catholic church, the lutheran church, the methodist church and other churches.” to this the twenty dollar bills say, “ummm…what’s a church?” HA HA
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY…