THE BIGGEST SHOPPING DAYS OF THE YEAR ARE THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY..MAKE SURE TO STOP IN AND GET A HOT TUB FROM CLEAR BLUE RETREAT, SOUTH MAIN IN ABERDEEN…A PROUD SPONSOR OF THE DAILY BLOG…
1. we had our fall award night last night at the warner school…it was worth getting off the couch from football just to see coach randy hermansen in a vikings helmet with the long golden locks hanging down…he was so purty……
2. it was movie weekend for the dean household this weekend…we went to see two movies…first of all, we saw “twilight” friday night on it’s opening night…it was me, jeannie, mitchell, and 200 screaming high school girls…ha ha…..it was a very very good movie that raked in over 70 million this weekend…good love story for you guys to take your wives to….then saturday afternoon we went to see “role models”…..this is the second time i saw the movie, and i think i liked it more the second time than i did the first time. jeannie and mitchell loved it…it’s a very very funny movie….tyler took his girlfriend to it saturday night, and they loved it as well…..
3. speaking of the movies, you’d better tell your kids this….amanda, the manager at carmike, told me friday night that she’s imposing a ‘zero tolerance’ policy towards cell phone and texting…if she sees a cell phone on during a movie, you’re out…it’s that simple, and it’s a policy i’ve been waiting to see implemented…..if you’re that important that you need your cell phone on for 90 minutes, then maybe you shouldn’t be at a movie in the first place…way to go amanda….
4. we got our first taste of a christmas party already…billy from sportszone in the lakewood mall threw a party at his house saturday night and jeannie and i stopped over for food, fun, and friendship….billy’s quite a cook…his meatballs were to die for…..
5. THANK YOU EVERYONE..we’re waiting for final totals, but it looks like the shoebox promotion at dr. darold opp’s office could top 500!!!!!! wow, and he was thinking a hundred total…..by the way, my wonderful church, st. john’s in hecla donated 115 boxes to the cause…i’m so proud of them…….i’ll get official numbers later today and let you know in the morning…
6. the new white house counsel for barrack o’bama is the same counsel that bill clinton had during his sex scandal…only this time, the guy will play close attention when barrack describes his position on interns……
7. madonna was officially divorced on friday…that clicking sound you hear is wives padlocking thier husbands all over the world……
8. on long island, new york, a dog knocked a running van into gear, damaging a local coffee house…when will fred learn to never leave the mystery machine running with scooby doo and shaggy inside…..
9. a 13 year old boy in italy was taken to the hospital when he had an episode of illness and incoherence similar to a brain disorder while playing on his playstation too long…wow….that’s similar to grown men who play ‘guitar hero’ and suffer from the delusion that it makes them look cool….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY….
An old lady was standing at the railing of the cruise ship holding her hat
on tightly so that it would not blow off in the wind.
A gentleman approached her and said: “Pardon me, madam. I do not intend to
be forward, but did you know that your dress is blowing up in this high wind?”
“Yes, I know,” said the lady, “I need both hands to hold onto this hat.”
“But, madam, you must know that your privates are exposed!” said the
gentleman in earnest.
The woman looked down, then back up at the man and replied, “Sir, anything
you see down there is 85 years old. I just bought this hat yesterday!”
THANKSGIVING JOKE …….
A man in Jacksonville calls his son in San Diego the day before Thanksgiving
and says, “I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and
I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough.”
“Pop, what are you talking about?” the son screams.
“We can’t stand the sight of each other any longer,” the father says.
“We’re sick of each other, and I’m sick of talking about this, so you call your
sister in Denver and tell her.”
Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. “Like hell
they’re getting divorced,” she shouts, “I’ll take care of this.”
She calls Jacksonville immediately, and screams at her father, “You are NOT
getting divorced. Do not do a single thing until I get there. I am calling my
brother back, and we will both be there tomorrow. Until then, don’t do a thing.
DO YOU HEAR ME?” and hangs up.
The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. “Okay,” he says,
“they’re coming for Thanksgiving and paying their own way.”
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW…HAPPY MONDAY…