WHEN YOU BUY SOMETHING, DON’T YOU EXPECT LOCAL PEOPLE TO BE THERE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS AND PERFORM SERVICE? WELL, THAT’S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU BUY A HOT TUB FROM CLEAR BLUE RETREAT…THEY’VE BEEN HERE FOR YEARS, AND THEY’RE LOCALLY OWNED AND MANAGED…CHECK THEM OUT..SOUTH MAIN IN ABERDEEN….
1. there are many things that give me complete peace in this world….one of them is what i did last night. a couple of times a month, i go to oakes, north dakota to visit three of my church people who are at the good samaritan home in oakes. i absolutely love being with those people….and they completely cherish the minutes they spend with visitors….i have two 94 year olds, and a 96 year old and for the most part they are all pretty sharp…..my wish is this…i hope that each and every one of you spends some time at our area nursing homes over the holidays visiting people….put yourself in their place….if you were a resident there, wouldn’t you want people to stop by and visit?
2. fox news channel has announced that their popular duo of hannity and colmes is splitting up soon…alan colmes is leaving to pursue other deals……i’m completely suprised that they haven’t killed each other by now……
3. i actually have a cajun country cd in my car cd player right now…i love a lot of music, but cajun country with the accordians, fiddles, and washboards is a kind of music that i could listen to all day long…here’s some trivia for you? did you know that a few years ago, i played washboard in a cajun band in new orleans? yepper, i did…we were on a bus trip with fran helwig and toucan tours, when i was brought up on stage to play the washboard with a cajun band….the band said i did awesome, because i could keep the beat because i was a drummer…..LOVE THAT MUSIC….
4. i couldn’t believe my eyes when i drove down sixth avenue yesterday and saw that the godfather’s pizza building was gone…..i was sad to see it go…had lots of beautiful memories of the place…their italian sausage pizza was amongst the best….in college we’d go down there for a mini pizza and then play video games for an hour or two. oh, yeah, then we’d go get an education….(sorry mom and dad)
5. i was watching a bit of “celebrity rehab” with dr. drew last night with my wife jeannie…this jeff conaway guy who played on the movie ‘grease’ is a total trainwreck…..how this guy has not been comitted is beyond me……..
6. i’m going on a diet after thanksgiving…i really need to lose 20-30 pounds and i’m going to do it…just watch…….
7. a 13 year old florida student has been arrested for passing gas in the classroom…ARRESTED? good golly…i would have been on death row……
8. hows this for ironic? a man in warsaw, poland just bought a home on ‘INTERNET STREET.’ but he’s going to sell the home right away, because he can’t get internet service on his computer on that street…you can’t make crap like that up, folks…..
9. lindsay lohan and her flame, samantha ronson have apparently been fighting like cats and dogs….apparently the fighting is over one of them leaving the toilet seat up…….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY…
One morning a husband returns to his lake cabin after several hours of
fishing and decides to take a nap.
Although not familiar with the lake, his wife decides to take the boat out.
She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book, enjoying the peace
Along comes a game warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and
says, “Good morning Ma’am. What are you doing?”
“Reading a book,” she replies, (thinking, “Isn’t that obvious?”)
“You’re in a restricted fishing area,” he informs her.
“I’m sorry officer, but I’m not fishing, I’m reading.”
“Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any
moment. I’ll have to take you in and write you up.”
“If you do that, I’ll have to charge you with sexual assault,” says the
“But I haven’t even touched you,” says the game warden.
“That’s true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start
at any moment.”
“Have a nice day ma’am”, and he left.
OKAY, HOW ‘BOUT THIS ONE …..
One afternoon, a wealthy lawyer was riding in the back of his limousine
when he saw two men eating grass by the road side.
He ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate. “Why are you
eating grass?” he asked one man.
“We don’t have any money for food,” the poor man replied.
“Oh, come along with me then,” instructed the lawyer.
“But, sir I have a wife and two children!”
“Bring them along!” replied the lawyer. He turned to the other man and
said, “Come with us.”
“But sir, I have a wife and six children!” the second man answered.
“Bring them as well!” answered the lawyer as he headed for his limo.
They all climbed into the limo, which was no easy task considering how many
passengers were now in the car.
Once underway, one of the poor fellows said, “Sir, you are too kind. Thank
you for taking all of us with you.”
The lawyer replied, “No problem. The grass at my house is almost a foot
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW…HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE….