DID YOU GET A HOT TUB YET? YOU STILL HAVE TIME AT CLEAR BLUE RETREAT, SOUTH MAIN IN ABERDEEN…..THEY HAVE BEAUTIFUL HOT TUBS ON THEIR SHOWROOM FLOOR…SEE THEM TODAY ON SOUTH MAIN STREET IN THE OLD DEPOT BUILDING….
1. what a crappy way to start my sunday morning out….i was filling up with gas early in the morning getting ready to go to church in hecla, when the nozzle of the gas hose came out of my tank and was spraying me full blast….i was COVERED in gasoline, praying to God that my cell phone in my pocket wouldn’t go off……so, i had to go home and clean up AGAIN and change my clothes….no matter how much cleaning i did, i pretty much smelled like gas all day yesterday….(no not that kind of gas)
2. we have the greatest neighbors in the world in warner….i woke up to someone finishing up blowing out our yard on saturday morning….turns out it was the wonderful garret hall…..THANK YOU GARRET, i haven’t had the chance to thank you in person yet, but you are a wonderful neighbor….
3. jeannie and i wanted to go to a good movie over the weekend, so we checked out jim carrey’s new one, “yes man.” it was an okay movie…we laughed a bunch, and enjoyed it, but obviously it’s not an academy award nominated movie…….this is one of the problems of showing previews of movies a year in advance….they never live up to the hype….
4. my church kids at st. john’s in hecla, along with the church kids at the methodist church in hecla had our christmas program yesterday morning…..being at the children’s christmas program sure puts you in the christmas mood…and they are so darn cute……
5. what a day for football yesterday….my redskins stop the philadelphia eagles AT THE GOAL LINE AT THE END OF THE GAME to preserve a win over the eagles…..and the vikings looked like crap yesterday giving up the ball in what seems like 22 times….i know it wasn’t that much, but it might as well have been….the vikings could have clinched the division yesterday in front of the home crowd, but now have to wait a week……
6. jeannie and mitchell and i pulled out the old “aggravation” game this past weekend and played about 6 or 7 games of it…we then turned our attention to yahtzee, which i love…..that’s one thing i love about snow and cold outside….we have warm family activities inside….
7. more las vegas cold stories…
it was so cold over the weekend in las vegas that….
the all you can eat buffets only served chicken soup….
dozens of strippers froze to the poles….
everyone’s face was frozen, not just barry manilow and joan rivers………
8. paris hilton’s jewels valued at 2 million dollars were stolen in a house burglary last week…..paris thought that she had them hidden where no one would ever look…in a box marked “hollywood achievements”…….
9. the gender of santa’s reindeer is a topic of serious discussion by wildlife experts at texas A & M university….this is stupid….everyone knows they are male reindeer…because, if they had been female, they would have filed charges against santa by now for the “ho ho ho” stuff…….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY…
Christmas Carols For The Psychiatrically Challenged
SCHIZOPHRENIA: Do you Hear What I Hear?
MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER: We Three Queens Disoriented Are
DEMENTIA: I Think I’ll Be Home for Christmas
NARCISSISTIC: Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me
MANIC: Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Busses and Trucks and Trees and Fire Hydrants and…
PARANOID: Santa Claus is Coming to Get Me.
PERSONALITY DISORDER: You Better Watch Out, I’m Gonna Cry, I’m Gonna Pout, Maybe I’ll tell you why…
BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER: Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire…
OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDER: Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, …………(better start again)
THAT’S IT FOR TODAY…..HAPPY MONDAY….