MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO CLEAR BLUE RETREAT IN ABERDEEN FOR SPONSORING THE DAILY BLOG…..FOLKS, WHEN YOU’RE IN THE MARKET FOR A HOT TUB, GO TO A LOCALLY OWNED, LOCALLY MANAGED, AND LOCALLY SERVICED STORE….CLEAR BLUE RETREAT, SOUTH MAIN IN ABERDEEN IN THE OLD DEPOT BUILDING…..
1. WATER MAIN BREAK IN WARNER…..i really don’t like feeling like i do this morning….i hate not being able to shower…i had to do a complete “bath” in the sink this morning with a gallon of water…..once the water is back on, i’m going home to shower….by the way, i do smell good and am clean today despite what you may be thinking…..ha ha….i really should have gotten dressed, though, instead of coming to work in my bathrobe…..
2. jeannie and i had dinner at minerva’s last night, and we had one of the best appetizers we’ve ever had…the chicken quesadilla at minerva’s is incredible…..i’m going there someday for lunch and just having that again….
3. it looks like the weather is going to cooperate over the christmas weekend…christmas day we’re looking at sunshine and a high around 25…this coming monday, sunny and close to 30…i hear rumors that next week should be pretty nice….of course, highs in the teens feel like a summer day compared to that below zero crap….
4. some of my greatest christmas gifts ever:
my big wheel…didn’t everyone want a big wheel?
gnip gnop—didn’t know until a few years ago that it is “ping pong” backwards….
sprygraph-i spent hours with that game….
train set and mattel race track-had a blast with those, but the fun wore off quickly….
electric football game-remember that piece of crap where you put the players on the field and turn the machine on and they vibrate all over the field? that was fun, but a piece of junk….
close-n-play phonograph-the beginning of my radio career…haha i used to play records all day long..you put the record in the machine, shut the lid and it played…how brilliant……
5. i love the christmas holiday…it’s a time for me to sit back and ponder all the wonderful things i have…i also think about past christmases when i was a kid, and i think about the people who have left my life that i miss dearly…but most of all, i sit back and think about the “true meaning” of christmas…i hope that you do the same….
6. i also invite everyone to our christmas eve church services at st. john’s lutheran church in hecla….our service is at 5pm (five o’clock)….we’re going to sing beautiful christmas songs, and have a candlelight service during “silent night.” yours truly will even be singing a song…
7. i wonder if when baby Jesus was born he was given a “tickle me king herod doll?”
8. christmas eve is tomorrow….for many many many years, kids all over the world have left cookies and milk for santa….now he has diabetes…….
9. i don’t need anything for christmas anymore..i already got my gifts….o.j. simpson is in prison…the dallas cowboys are almost out of the playoffs…..and i’m going to see ac/dc in two weeks….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY…
A boy begs his father to get him a Christmas tree this year. Each year, the
boy asks and the father tells him, “I don’t want to pay for it.”
But the son kept begging. Unable to bear his son’s whining, he picks up his
axe one day and heads out of the house.
Thirty minutes later he returns with a great big Christmas tree. “How did
you cut it down so fast?” his son asks.
“I didn’t cut it down,” the father replies. “I got it at a tree lot.”
“Then why did you bring an axe?”
“Because I didn’t want to pay.”
that’s it for today…enjoy your 17 degrees today…ha ha