1. i’m so jealous….i have some friends who are having fun away from the cold…a few of them just got back from a cruise, and a couple more are headed to hawaii this week….i’m so burned out right now, i could use a vacation like that…….but, all we can afford is a trip to pukwana for a day or two….ha ha
2. “gran torino” is staying around carmike cinema 9 theaters for another week….this movie has been here for about six weeks, and is STILL the number two movie at the theaters in the lakewood mall. “taken” was number one this past week.
3. one of my jobs at carmike cinema 9 theaters is to help plan promotions surrounding movies….i’m here to tell you that there are some wonderful movies coming out in the next six months or so. including another “toy story” movie……
4. so, there was this lady in a car yesterday on sixth avenue who was jabbering on her cell phone…..she speeds past me, cuts me off, makes me slam on my brakes and pulls in front of me…..not even a wave to say she’s sorry …then she sped off into the horizon obviously going way over 30 miles per hour……she’s a menace to our society……
5. it’s funny how we eat things that we love, even though we know they’re going to make us sick……that’s the way i feel with mcdonalds mcflurries…i LOVE the m and m mcflurry, but it makes me very sick…oh well, in a weird way it’s worth it.
6. I WAS RIGHT…it’s a pizza place coming to the lakewood mall food court…i cannot wait…i love to try new pizza products…hopefully they open real soon…..
7. the stock market took another steep drop yesterday, reaching the level it was at in 1997…….it’s sad to realize that it’s probably better to invest your money into clay aiken records…….
8. a new report shows that the number of facebook users is growing at about five million new members a week…..the social networking site is killing it’s chief rival….ACTUAL HUMAN INTERACTION…..
9. a gitmo detainee who claimed he was tortured has been freed…..now he’s going to really find out what torture is by appearing on “the view.”
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
The doctor, who had been seeing an 80-year-old woman for most of her life,
finally retired. At her next check-up, the new doctor told her to bring a list
of all the medicines that had been prescribed for her.
As the young doctor was looking through these, his eyes grew wide as he
realized she has a prescription for birth control pills.
“Mrs. Smith, do you realize these are BIRTH CONTROL pills?!?”
“Yes, they help me sleep at night.”
“Mrs. Smith, I assure you there is absolutely NOTHING in these that could
possibly help you sleep!”
She reached out and patted the young Doctor’s knee.
“Yes, dear, I know that. But every morning, I grind one up and mix it in the
glass of orange juice that my 16 year old granddaughter drinks… And believe
me, it helps me sleep at night.”
OKAY, HOW ‘BOUT THIS ……
During a visit to a hospital for the mentally infirm, a visitor asked the
Director what the criteria was that defined whether or not a patient should be
“Well,” said the Director, “we fill up a bathtub; then we offer a teaspoon,
a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub.”
“Oh, I understand,” said the visitor. “A normal person would use the bucket
because it’s bigger than the spoon or the teacup.”
“No,” said the Director, “a normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a
bed by the wall or near the window?”
BE SAFE…HAVE FUN…BE GOOD TO EACH OTHER…AND ENJOY YOUR TUESDAY….