1. my apologies to anyone at the 7:00 showing of “confessions of a shopaholic” last night. i was walking around checking the theaters during the movies, and i stood in the back and watched a couple of minutes of the movie. unfortunately, i had a little popcorn with me, and one of them kind of lodged in my throat and i let out a big gasp. i walked out in the hallway and helped the kernel make it’s way down. kinda scary….
2. my most anticipated movie of the coming month? ALIENS VS. MONSTERS…it’s a cartoon, but it looks simply hilarious.
3. my night got made last night. after “gran torino” ends, i get the poster that’s out in the lobby…YEE HAW…i’m not usually hip on taking posters home, but i have to have this one…by the way, your time is running out to see this masterpiece of a movie.
4. CRAP…..fleetwood mac is in the twin cities on march 3rd, and i never knew about it…..
5. why is it that when the stop lights switch from green to yellow, that it means to gun the heck out of your car. i saw two very close accidents yesterday from people speeding thru a yellow. i can’t complain too much, because i’ve done it too.
6. i’ve been working a ton of hours lately…i miss my wife and kids………
7. retail sales were up one percent in january…probably because of all the orders to print pink slips….
8. the elevator music system called “muzak” has filed for bankruptcy…..see, the economic problems aren’t all bad.
9. a new report says that one in three adults have some sort of hearing issues….at least that’s what i thought it said……
10. new york senator kirsten gillibrand, who replaced hillary clinton, has moved the two rifles that she kept under her bed to protect her home…..hillary told her that the only thing she needs to shoot in the bedroom is a “dirty look.”
11. speaking of hillary, our new secretary of state has warned north korea’s kim jong-il not to carry out a planned missile test. hillary threatened him, and then out of routine and habit told him “and you can bet your sweet rear end that you’ll be spending the night on the couch, buster.”
JOKE OF THE DAY:
Five minutes later the boy called down too his dad, ”can I have another glass of water?”
So, his dad brought him up one. Five minutes later the boy called back down too his dad saying ”can I have another glass of water?”
His dad said NO, if you ask me one more time I’m going too come up there and spank you.
Five minutes later the boy called down, ”on your way up too spank me can you bring me a glass of water?