well, another year of confirmation is done at st. john’s in hecla. i’m going to really miss my four students over the summer. it’s been a great year of spiritual bonding. shelby is going to be confirmed on the 10th, and she has been an incredible student.
2. after confirmation last night, i stopped uptown hecla to pick up a pizza for the way home, and two of my young men from the church challenged me to a couple of games of air hockey…i LOVE air hockey so i took the challenge…both kris and trevor beat me 7-5…..we had the puck flying all over the room last night…it was fun…except for the losing part….
3. wow…what a blast of rain last night…while i was driving home from hecla, i could see it coming at me, and BOOM i was in it, and it was almost impossible to drive in it….it rained so heavy that water was ponding on the road, and i actually was hydroplaning once or twice…..i hope this heavy rain didn’t cause more problems with the flooding situation…..
4. my son mitchell informed me which song the chorus will be singing a week from tonight during tyler’s last concert. while the kids are delivering roses to the parents, the warner chorus will be singing trace adkin’s hit “you’re gonna miss this.” OMG…..i could cry just thinking about it…..
5. i had a super funny thing happen to me yesterday…i bought a new suit recently and the pants needed to be hemmed….so i took my suit to a friend of mine who’s a professional sewer, and as i walked in she said, “oh good..you’re finally bringing in that suit you’ve been wearing for three years that has the pants too long.” i looked at her and smiled and said, “ummm…nooooo…..this is a brand new suit, but apparently i’ll be bringing my old suit in too.” it was absolutely hilarious…i think she was a bit embarrassed, but she has nothing to be embarrassed about….i needed a good laugh yesterday and i got it…….
6. when people you know die suddenly you start thinking about your own mortality….i am not afraid to die…i just don’t want to yet….but if it happens, or i get sick, i’ll handle it with dignity and i will not be afraid of it happening.
7. i love my children so so so very much…i brought my son mitchell’s car in today to get some brake work done, because it has a bit of a problem stopping right now…ha ha….mitch was sincerely concerned last night about his dad driving the car….he told me a few times, “dad, be careful…it’s hard to stop and i don’t want anything to happen to you.” he’s so awesome…
8. first lady michelle obama made this year’s list of people magazine’s “most beautiful people.” bill clinton has already sent her an e-mail asking her if she’s seeing anyone.
9. a radio shack clerk in eau claire, wisconsin, was arrested on battery charges after he allegedly punched a dissatisfied customer in the face….in his defense, radio shack IS the battery store….
10. a man in russia astounded doctors by drinking at least EIGHT BOTTLES OF VODKA and surviving…..then he was killed by his friends for drinking all thier vodka…..
11. president obama’s first 100 days are being lauded as a success….hopefully they don’t celebrate by taking a victory lap around the statue of liberty again….
12. the estimate is that a swine flu vaccine could take six months to develop and distribute……who’s in charge of this operation anyway? FEMA?
13. a north dakota woman has been charged after breast feeding her baby while completely drunk….in her defense, she was drinking jug wine….
14. the tv show “lost” aired it’s 100th episode last night…which can only mean one thing….that’s 100 episodes of ‘lost’ that i’ve intentionally missed now….
15. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two hunters went moose hunting every winter without success. Finally, they came up with a foolproof plan. They got a very authentic female moose costume and learned the mating call of a female moose. The plan was to hide in the costume, lure the bull, then come out of the costume and shoot the bull. They set themselves up on the edge of a clearing, donned their costume and began to give the moose love call. Before long, their call was answered as a bull came crashing out of the forest and into the clearing. When the bull was close enough, the guy in front said, “Okay, let’s get out and get him.” After a moment that seemed like an eternity, the guy in the back shouted, “The zipper is stuck! What are we going to do?” The guy in the front says, “Well, I’m going to start nibbling grass, but you’d better brace yourself.”
THAT’S ALL FOR TODAY…ENJOY THE LAST DAY OF APRIL…