IT’S GOOD TO BE BACK AFTER A FOUR DAY WEEKEND…JEANNIE AND I CELEBRATED OUR 22ND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY AND WENT OUT OF TOWN FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS…LOTS OF THINGS TO CATCH UP ON…HERE WE GO…
1. i laughed my head off the other night….jeannie and i were watching tv and a show came on called “table for 12”, about a mom and dad and ten kids…..jeannie said, “i remember that show when it was called MY LIFE.”…..you see, jeannie’s number ten of ten kids, so she can appreciate what it’s like at a table like that….that woman cracks me up…that’s one reason i first asked her out was her sense of humor…
2. having a couple of days off means that i usually stay up a little later at night when i don’t have to be up at 3:30am…….so, last wednesday night and thursday night i stayed up til midnight watching tv, and one of the shows i watched was “late night with jimmy fallon.” fallon of course, is a former saturday night live star….i’m sorry folks, but the show was painful to watch…i actually felt sorry for the guy, and i had to shut it off because of my uncomfortable feeling for him. i’m sure he’ll get more relaxed and get better with time, but for right now, it’s not a pretty picture.
3. we went to sioux falls for a couple of days just to get away by ourselves…had a wonderful time…it was nice to reaquaint ourselves with each other…..it’s sad that the world is like that, when you are so buy that you have to reaquaint yourself with your spouse…but we had a tremendous time.
4. one of the places we saw in sioux falls cracked me up…”the dress barn.” there’s so many jokes that pop up in my head about a woman buying a dress at the “dress barn.” but i have to keep them to myself to avoid a black eye or two.
5. one of our favorite things to do when going to sioux falls or fargo is to find a couple of good restraunts and go eat out…..this time we picked “johnny corino’s”, and “outback”, and were disappointed in both of them…..didn’t have very good food this time….we’ve never had a bad meal at “outback”, so that was particularly disappointing.
6. i have an incredible new respect for singer and actress beyonce. i’ve never been a fan of hers, which doesn’t mean i don’t like her, i just didn’t know her music that much….but after watching the talk show circuit over the past few days, i got to see beyonce on every show promoting her new movie, “obsession.” she is a very beautiful, very down to earth, very smiley, extremely considerate human being. it is so fun to watch a mega star be totally polite and sincerely laugh at stuff instead of “acting”. she’s so natural, and so naturally beautiful….
7. speaking of “obsession”, my son mitchell saw it at carmike over the weekend and said it was “incredible.” i can’t wait to see it….i think that movie has two of the biggest “hotties” out there in beyonce and ali larter……
8. i have never ever ever wanted to watch the mickey rourke movie “the wrestler.” he was nominated for an academy award for this picture and it is considered his “comeback” movie. well, saturday night after getting home from sioux falls, we decided to sit and watch it and i was stunned…IT WAS VERY VERY GOOD….rourke did an oustanding job in the movie…..i also watched a show this weekend called “the top ten most botched plastic surgeries”, and mickey rourke was like at number three…..they did a horrible job on his plastic surgery…also on that show were joan rivers, lisa rinna, and of course, the man made completely of plastic now…KENNY ROGERS…i’m a big kenny fan, but i’m sorry, he looks horrible…….
9. honda has offered employees a year’s salary to those who are willing to quit….getting paid by your employer to QUIT…wait until the new detroit lions quarterback hears this……
10. “maude” and “golden girls” star bea arthur died this past weekend at the age of 86…we know for a fact that she’ll get into heaven…st. peter will be too terrified of her to tell her no….
11. jay leno was released from the hospital over the weekend after having an undisclosed illness..the reason he had to leave? hospital officials promised his room to conan o’brien….
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment. The next week the man realized that he would need his wife to wake him at 5.00 am for an early morning business flight to Chicago. Not wanting to be the first to break the silence, he finally wrote on a piece of paper, “Please wake me at 5.00 am.”
The next morning the man woke up, only to discover it was 9.00am, and that he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn’t woken him when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed … it said… “It is 5.00am; wake up.”
or how about this one:
Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical. A
few days later the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a
gorgeous young woman on his arm.
A couple of days later the doctor spoke to Morris and said, “You’re
really doing great, aren’t you?”
Morris replied, “Just doing what you said, Doc: ‘Get a hot mamma and
The doctor said, “I didn’t say that. I said, ‘You’ve got a heart murmur. Be careful.'”
I LOVE THAT ONE….HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY…GOOD TO BE BACK…