1. this will be the last blog until monday, as we are heading to rapid city tomorrow for the state track meet. as i mentioned yesterday, our son tyler is throwing the discus in the state meet. i hope he does well. and by the way, for those of you thinking i have six months of vacation, you are wrong..ha ha…it just seems like it all comes at once…wait until july when i’m gone for seven work days when we take a youth group to new orleans…what will you all do without me?
2. wow, this high humidity is killing my lungs..i have asthma and when the humidity gets high, i struggle….if i struggle here, what is going to happen when i get to new orleans? i hear it’s horrible down there in july….
3. my son mitchell and i are going to see “star trek” tonight at carmike. i saw the movie already, but i want to hang with mitch tonight. if you haven’t seen ‘star trek’, you need to see it…it shows the early days of the crew of the enterprise and how they met each other…the actors who play the characters are DEAD ON…especially the guy who plays “bones” or dr. mccoy.
4. i help clean the theaters after each movie, and i have to be honest…i cannot believe the messes that people leave behind…it’s kind of embarrassing. we have ALWAYS taken our garbage and put them into the garbage can when we leave, but many many other people don’t do that. i had a friend tell me once, that “my cost of getting in gives me the right to leave my garbage behind and make the employees work for their pay.” THAT’S THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I’VE EVER HEARD…..
5. farrah fawcett must be hanging on at home. she of course, has cancer, and looked HORRIBLE on that documentary show a couple of weeks back. she supposedly is down to around 69 pounds…i didn’t think she’d last more than a couple of days after her show was on, but the good Lord must be giving her a bit of a retrieve. we, of course, wish her the best.
6. remember that famous “farrah” poster? i had one stapled to my ceiling so it was the first thing i saw when i woke up…she was one of my “dream girls” when i was growing up….and i didn’t even watch “charlie’s angels”, because we didn’t get that channel….
7. remember the old days when you only got two channels plus PBS? my how things have changed….we missed out on all of the good shows like “mork and mindy” “happy days” “laverne and shirley” “charlie’s angels” and more. and now i have a satellite with over 150 channels on it, and they all suck….
8. jeannie and i can’t wait to get to the south dakota state fair in huron this summer…finally, SOMEONE is booking acts we like to see…..i already told you that “foreigner” is there, well, yesterday the state fair announced that “THE GRASS ROOTS”, AND “THE GUESS WHO”, are coming to huron…count us in…
9. a british toddler who was in a coma, miraculously came back to life after her parents kept playing abba’s song “mama mia” over and over. and then she slipped back into a coma when some idiot played clay aiken and michael bolton.
10. hugh hefner is selling playboy enterprises for THREE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS…and just like last year’s centerfolds, it’s going belly up….
11. elvis presley’s prescription pill bottles are going up for sale, and you can bid on them at julienauctions.com. one bottle of pain killers still has the doctor’s instructions on them….it says, “take 12 pills and pass out on the toilet.”
12. speculations continues that american idol runner up adam lambert will sing with the rock band “queen.” how appropriate…ha ha…in other music news, apparently susan boyle will be working with meatloaf…in fact, she had two platefuls last night…
13. kate, of the reality show “jon and kate plus eight” revealed that the couple may be near a divorce…please God, don’t let jon get together with the octomom….
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A doctor of psychology was doing his normal morning rounds, and he entered a patient’s room to find his patient sitting on the floor, sawing at a piece of wood with the side of his hand. Meanwhile, another patient was in the room, hanging from the ceiling by his feet.The doctor asked his patient what he was doing, sitting on the floor.
The patient replied in an irritated fashion, “Can’t you see I’m sawing this piece of wood in half?”
The doctor inquired, “And what is the fellow hanging from the ceiling doing?”
“Oh. He’s my friend, but he’s a little crazy. He thinks he’s a light bulb.”
The doctor asks, “If he’s your friend, don’t you think you should get him down from there before he hurts himself?”
“What? And work in the dark?”
HAVE FUN GANG…TALK TO YA MONDAY…