1. i’ll be broadcasting ‘live’ from centsable fashions on sixth avenue today from 11-2…please come out and say ‘hi’.
2. jeannie and i watched one of our favorite shows last night called “two and a half men.” it’s jon cryer and charlie sheen in this great comedy, but we cannot believe how dirty the show has become. they not only push the envelope, they’ve completely burned the envelope.
3. tyler and i watched the season finale of “family guy” last night. it was totally crappy….they were really stretching on this episode, and we couldn’t have been more disappointed about the season ending show. doesn’t really put you in a good mood for next season. they could have done SO MUCH BETTER…
4. what a gorgeous day yesterday…highs in the 80’s FINALLY…today should be nice too with highs in the upper 80’s but windy today…DOES THE WIND HAVE TO BLOW EVERY OTHER DAY IN SOUTH DAKOTA?
5. i continue to hear about some stores in aberdeen closing in the coming few weeks…that saddens me…..i understand the economy isn’t the best, but it sure hurts when someone has put all of their sweat, blood and tears into their business and they can’t keep it open….breaks my heart…..
6. the band “coldplay” is coming to omaha later this year. i would LOVE to go see them, but the chance of it is pretty minimal. i think i’ll stay a little closer to home in my concert goings this summer. i want to see ‘BILLY SQUIER’ in hankinson, and i want to see ‘FOREIGNER’ at the south dakota state fair. that will pretty much wrap up my concert events for the summer.
7. my church kids in hecla want to raise money for our trip to new orleans this summer by SHAVING MY HEAD…..keep listening for details on how you can help them raise money and help them get their church leader’s head shaved….yikes…the things i won’t do to help out the kids. ha ha…..
8. yesterday i was at ‘osborns and champs warehouse outlet sale’ in front of kens in the old 6th avenue casino building. they open at 10am this morning…they had some really cool ‘harley davidson’ sweatshirts there that certainly won’t last very long. i’m not a biker guy at all, which you can tell by looking at me, but i may pick one of those up…..
9. brett favre is looking at having surgery so he can sign with the minnesota vikings…here’s a note to brett…either do it or don’t…i’m sick of hearing about it…..
10. experts say that a huge earthquake could be on the horizon for california…this news coming on the heels of kirstie alley starting to jog again….(ooooh…that’s low…even for me…)
11. a planned sex theme park in china was bulldozed before it could open due to thousands of complaints from people who didn’t want to see it open….the owners of the theme park are calling the bulldozing a “premature evacuation.”
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Steven Spielberg was busy discussing his new action adventure about famous classical composers. Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger were in the room. “Who do you want to play?” Spielberg asked Bruce Willis. “I’ve always been a big fan of Chopin,” said Bruce. “I’ll play him.” “And you, Sylvester?” asked Spielberg. “Mozart’s the one for me!” said Sly. “And what about you?” Spielberg asked Arnold Schwarzenegger. “I’ll be Bach,” said Arnie.
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW…ENJOY YOUR NICE WARM, WINDY, TUESDAY….