1. one of the last things tyler will do in his high school career happens today in groton. tyler is participating in the regional track meet in groton. he throws the discus, and i was told last night he’s ranked number one in the region…..if that’s true, that’s very cool….if tyler gets first or second he will advance to the state tournament in rapid city next week. that would be a great way to end your high school career….
2. the gang at pierson ford was showing me a 2010 hybrid car that they have in their showroom…folks, it’s amazing what these new cars will be able to do. this car has options that have never been released in a vehicle before….including a dashboard that shows a video of what the car can do….we’re going to have flying cars before too long, my friends…maybe “the jetsons” weren’t too far off…..
3. i almost wet myself laughing the other day when another one of our morning disc jockeys here at hub city radio made coffee. the only mistake was that he forgot to put the coffee pot under it, and there was hot coffee EVERYWHERE… ha ha….it’s only funny to me because it didn’t happen to me.
4. that event brought up a memory of something my step grandma once did. she was frying bacon on the stove, and pouring the grease into a coffee cup on the counter. unfortunately for her, she had her cup of coffee also sitting on the counter, and you guessed it…she grabbed the cup of bacon grease and took a drink, burning her lips something fierce. man, that had to hurt.
5. if everything goes right, we may try “BULLY’S CHOP HOUSE” tonight in aberdeen..i’m dying to try it…..still trying to convince the wife. then we’d head off to see “star trek” which people have been raving about….sounds like a perfect night…of course, any night is perfect when i’m with my beautiful wife and wonderful children…
6. memorial weekend is just around the corner, and for the first time in a few years, it won’t mean much, because i work every day at carmike this weekend…oh well, at least i can sleep in a couple of days….it’s strange being a morning disc jockey and then calling getting up at 6:30am “sleeping in.”
7. i went to hecla and oakes yesterday to do a few communions for elderly people from our church, and i could not beleive the water that is still up there….i saw many roads that had water creeping onto it, and many that were closed yet.
8. according to a new survey, one in four americans confess that they still send text messages while they drive. most of the messages say, “LET ME GET BACK TO YOU…I JUST REAR ENDED THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME.”
9. miley cyrus will reportedly play the leading lady in the remake of “FOOTLOOSE.” it’s about a town where nobody can sing and dance…so, miley is perfect for the role….
10. madonna has denied rumors that she will marry her boyfriend soon in new york city….she’s going to wait until after his senior prom…..
11. reaction continues to the 47 million year old primate fossil said to be the missing like….oh…so that’s where joan collins went.
12. washington’s national zoo released a statement saying that, contrary to earlier indications, it’s female panda is not pregnant….and somewhere john edwards breathes a sigh of relief….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Three men were sitting in a bar talking about how whipped they had their wives.
The first two kept bragging about how they could get their wives to do anything.
They looked at the third man and he said, “I have my wife so whipped that the other day I had her crawling towards me on her hands and knees.”
Both of the other men were very impressed and asked him how he had managed that.
The man replied, “Well, I was lying under the bed and she crawled over and said, “Come out and fight like a man!”.
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY EVERYBODY…