1. last night at church softball, we set the softball world back twenty years when our game announced the umpires for last night…and they were? JAY DEAN AND STEVE BIEGLER FROM BIEGLER MOTORS…ha ha ……actually, steve did a heck of a job umping home plate…….i kept forgetting that i was umping. i would start talking with people, or wander over to the dugout between innings and forget to come back out……FOCUS, DUDE…FOCUS…..
2. yesterday wasn’t kind to celebrities…..farrah fawcett dead at 62, and the shocker of the day, michael jackson dead at 50…..here’s a couple of thoughts on both of them.
3. i was sad to hear of farrah’s death, although we all knew it was coming. i feel sorry for farrah and her legacy, because she took a HUGE backseat in the news yesterday right after michael’s shocking death……..i did, by the way, have farrah fawcett’s poster pinned up over my bed when i was in junior high. every morning when i woke up, the first thing i saw was farrah’s beautiful eyes. i told some people yesterday that they should re-release that poster and charge ten bucks a piece with all money going toward cancer research. they would raise millions for cancer.
4. i was never really a fan of “charlie’s angels”. the girls were hot, but that was about it. i thought farrah’s best role was in “the burning bed.” she showed great dramatic style acting in that role, that i beleive won her some awards.
5. and now on to michael….i was sitting at my computer yesterday, getting ready for church softball, when i saw a bulletin that michael jackson was rushed to the hospital……it didnt’ hit me at first, because michael’s been rushed to the hospital many many times. but then another bulletin popped up that said, “MICHAEL JACKSON…DEAD AT 50″….i couldn’t beleive that…so i ran to the tv and watched cnn and foxnews, and sure enough, it was right. sad ending to a beautiful musical legacy and life….weird life….weird little dude…but incredible music.
6. i cannot stand nancy grace…this so called “news person”, was, of course, doing a show on michael jackson yesterday and she said in her BITCHY TONE, “what is going on right now between michael jackson and God, is between michael and God only.” SHUT UP NANCY…at least have the dignity to give this guy a few hours of reflection time before shooting your huge mouth off…i really really don’t like her.
7. i was really never much of a michael jackson fan. i had a few of his albums. of course i had ‘THRILLER”, along with millions of other people. i actually liked his 70’s stuff better than his 80’s stuff. i really liked “rock with you”, “wanna be starting something”, and other 70’s hits. “ben”, his hit song about a rat, is probably one of my favorite michael jackson songs.
8. on a lighter note, i picture michael jackson walking into the gates of heaven and elvis presley walking over to him, shrugging his shoulder’s and saying, “what the hell, michael?” ha ha…people thought that elvis was spinning in his grave when michael married lisa marie presley….i still think it was some kind of well orchestrated publicity stunt for his career. what else could it be? love?
9. former vice president dick cheney has signed a book deal to write his memoirs. here’s a suggested title…”BUY THIS BOOK OR I’LL TAKE YOU HUNTING WITH ME.”
10. wow, this south carolina governor’s story of “hiking in the mountains,” and then “going to argentina and having an affair” is some crazy stuff……he could have done both though, really…in argentina he could have been “hiking” his pants back up…..
11. “jon and kate plus eight” show stars jon and kate are getting a divorce…they’ll get right back into the saddle….who wouldn’t want to date a “single parent with eight kids?” ha ha
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Upon arriving home, a husband was met at the door by his
sobbing wife. Tearfully she explained,
“It’s the pharmacist. He insulted me terribly this morning on the
phone. I had to call multiple times before he would even
answer the phone.”
Immediately, the husband drove downtown to confront the
pharmacist and demand an apology.
Before he could say more than a word or two, the pharmacist told him,
“Now, just a minute, listen to my side of it.. This morning the alarm
failed to go off, so I was late getting up. I went without breakfast
and hurried out to the car, just to realize that I’d locked the house with
both house and car keys inside and had to break a window to get my keys.
“Then, driving a little too fast, I got a speeding ticket. Later, when I was
about three blocks from the store, I had a flat tire.”
“When I finally got to the store a bunch of people were waiting for me to
open up. I got the store opened and started waiting on these people,
all the time the darn phone was ringing off the hook.”
He continued, “Then I had to break a roll of nickels against the cash
register drawer to make change, and they spilled all over the floor..
I had to get down on my hands and knees to pick up the nickels and
the phone was still ringing. When I came up I cracked my head on the
open cash drawer, which made me stagger back against a showcase
with a bunch of perfume bottles on it. Half of them hit the
floor and broke.”
“Meanwhile, the phone is still ringing with no let up, and I finally got
back to answer it. It was your wife. She wanted to know how to use a
And believe me mister, as God is
my witness, all I did was tell her.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND…