1. first of all, last night was the VERY FIRST TIME i have ever watched an entire episode of a “reality show.” i don’t like reality shows, because life itself is “real enough.” i like to get away from reality and go “braindead” watching tv once in awhile. but last night, jeannie and i watched the “jon and kate plus eight” show, because a major announcement was coming and we already knew what it was.
2. last night on the show, jon and kate announced that they were separating, and then during the show a message came up on the screen that YESTERDAY they actually filed for divorce. very very sad situation….but i have a couple of strong feelings on this:
a: i couldn’t live with kate. i don’t agree with everything they both have said and done, but the bottom line for me is that she runs the household and it’s “her way or the highway”, and jon has decided the highway might be better.
b: they have both been “under the microscope” for years, maybe it’s time to shut the cameras off……but no…they have both decided to continue the show after their divorce. keep in mind that they have made tons of money, got a house, and a lot of their items free for doing the show. plus i understand that kate has had some surgeries and jon has had “hair plugs” or something else because of the show. (kind of sounds like they sold out, doesn’t it?)
c: i hope that the producers of the show have the families best interest in mind and not just “tv ratings.” last night had to be “ratings gold” for the show, i just hope that it’s not just all about the money and manipulation of the kids.
d: it cannot be easy raising eight kids….we need to keep this couple in our prayers for the future……
3. i got about an hour afternoon nap yesterday for the first time in days and days…and MAN DID THAT FEEL GOOD….i think that naps are completely underrated.
4. i don’t know if i’ve been this stressed out in years…lately i’m just completely stressed out and don’t feel good……i’m in desperate need of a week off to do nothing…every vacation day i’ve taken so far has been for a reason….i just need to be home, shut down, and turn off the outside world for a few days…unfortunately for me and my mental health, it’s not going to happen…….
5. i still don’t understand what the hell “TWITTER” is…and i don’t care…it just seems like another way to communicate that we don’t need…hey here’s an idea…HOW ABOUT COMMUNICATING FACE TO FACE….what a novel idea……
6. i was lying on the couch watching the news yesterday about the horrible crash of the rail cars in washington, d.c…..it hit close to home, because i’ve been on those cars more than a dozen times…..i can’t imagine the horror of two of them hitting head on yesterday….nine people are dead and over 70 injured…our prayers go out to them as well……
7. supreme court nominee sonia sotomayor has resigned from that “ALL WOMEN’S CLUB” that she belonged to…apparently chastity bono did the same……
8. in just two years, washington, d.c. has gained over 400 new speed bumps…or as they’re called in new york city…pedestrians…..
9. police have charged the tour manager of the band “black eyed peas” with assault after he punched celebrity blogger and total creep “perez hilton” in the face…..arrested? he should have gotten an award……
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two men in a pickup truck drove into a lumber yard.
One of them walked in the office and said, “We need some four-by-twos.”
The clerk asked, “You mean two-by-fours, don’t you?”
The man said, “I’ll go check,” and went back to the truck.
He returned and said, “Yeah, I meant two-by-four.”
“All right. How long do you need them?”
The customer paused for a minute and said, “I’d better go check.”
After a while, the customer returned to the office and said, “A long time. We’re gonna build a house.”
ENJOY YOUR TUESDAY…