1. TODAY AND YESTERDAY…today i’m going to feature my two favorite comedians of ALL TIME….they are all three deceased now, but i have some of the final pictures of them….first of all it’s LAUREL AND HARDY….
here they are in their heyday….
and here is one of the final pictures of them…notice that oliver hardy lost all of his weight in his final years….oliver hardy died in 1957, stan laurel (the skinny guy) died in 1965.
and here is the legendary CHARLIE CHAPLIN….
yesterday, as we remember him as “the little tramp.”
and here he is shortly before he passed away….he died in 1977.
here’s a little charlie chaplin trivia for you…the following picture is from one of his most famous films called “the kid.” DO YOU KNOW WHO PLAYED “THE KID”?
it’s none other than a very young “JACKIE COOGAN.” you know him best as “UNCLE FESTER” on the addams family……
2. well, we got our son tyler moved into jerde hall at nsu on saturday…it was tough on me, but the toughest part was getting home and realizing that he isn’t coming home anytime soon.
3. i can’t wait to watch “monday night football “tonight when the vikings play the houston texans….brett favre is going to play the ENTIRE first half…we’ll see his true colors tonight….plus aberdeen native taylor mehlhaff should get a bunch of kicking duties in the game tonight as he fights for a roster spot on the vikings team. the nfl teams will make all of their cuts in the next couple of weeks…GOOD LUCK TAYLOR….
4. I’M SO PUMPED UP….i have TWO NFL FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFTS in the next two weeks…one this wednesday and one on labor day….i LOVE fantasy football, and when we draft it means the season is only days away….YEE-HAW!!!!!
5. it apparently is weight loss time in our house…as you may have seen, i lost 19 pounds in a week recently because of “fluid loss” in my body, and i feel great…..my son mitchell is down SEVEN POUNDS and he looks great and feels great, too…i hope that we can continue and lose more weight…(i’m eating grapes and granola for breakfast today.)
6. kinda dead at carmike this weekend…two mediocre movies were released friday night. “halloween 2” and “final destination four” in 3-d opened up….both of them are pretty gruesome….
7. HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL HAS STARTED…yeah…the only bad thing about the warner-wolsey wessington game in warner friday night, is we had four small children carried away by mosquitos….man, they were horrible……
8. a 17 year old british teenager named mike perham, has become the youngest person ever to sail solo around the world….the kid sailed 28 thousand miles!!!!! and when he got home, his parents grounded him for a year for taking out the yacht without permission….
9. the movie “final destination four” was the number one movie in the nation this weekend, raking in over 28 million dollars…FINAL DESTINATION FOUR? don’t they realize what “final” means? get ready for two more destination movies….”THE ABSOLUTE FINAL DESTINATION”, AND THE “OKAY WE LIED, BUT THIS ONE REALLY IS THE FINAL FINAL FINAL DESTINATION.”
10. a woman was arrested for posing naked for a photographer in full view of new york city’s metropolitan museum of art….c’mon….let’s take nudity out of the art museum and put it back where it belongs…ON MY DAILY BLOG…..
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
THAT’S IT FOR NOW MY FRIENDS..ENJOY YOUR MONDAY!!!