1. YESTERDAY AND TODAY!!!
today is the SIXTY SEVENTH BIRTHDAY for darryl dragon, otherwise known as “THE CAPTAIN” from ‘THE CAPTAIN AND TENILLE.” remember bit hits like “shop around” “love will keep us together” and many more?
here’s the captain and tennille as we remember them!!
and here’s a couple of photos of what they look like today!!
2. i spent two “tranquil” hours in my church office at st. john’s lutheran in hecla yesterday…it’s amazing how peaceful and tranquil a church is……
3. we have a new way for you to listen to “sunny 97-7″…from 6-9 every morning, you can still watch and listen to the morning show by clicking on hubcityradio.com, then click on the sunny page, and then click on “watch live”. after 9am, you can listen to sunny 97.7 all day long by clicking on the “listen live” button on the same page….you see…we do anything to keep our wonderful listeners happy!!!
4. it appears that michael jackson is turning into elvis presley…people STILL TODAY have “elvis sightings” many many years after he died. and now people are having ‘MICHAEL SIGHTINGS”. there’s a new video circulating showing someone getting out of a coroner’s van that supposedly looks like michael. well, it doesn’t. this is completely stupid…i think the whole problem is that some people realize their own mortality when legends die young like elvis and michael. and some people just don’t want to face the fact that we’re all going to die someday.
5. the NFL season is so close that you can almost smell it….now that i preach at houghton at 11am, i’ll probably get numerous speeding tickets getting home for football…ha ha…plus i have NOT ONE, BUT TWO fantasy football drafts coming up in the next two weeks….I CANNOT WAIT….
6. IT COULDN’T HAVE HAPPENED TO A BETTER TEAM…did you hear about the dallas cowboy’s new stadium? a punter hit the “jumbo screens” hanging over the 50 yard line the other day…cowboy’s egomaniac owner jerry jones, said that the punter was “trying to hit the screens.” but the punter said that he and his counterpart hit it like a dozen times during warm ups….it sounds like it will cost two million dollars to raise them….that seems a bit high…..
7. kate gosselin is going to be subbing for elizabeth hasselbeck on “the view” for a couple of days…i am so SICK AND TIRED of us making celebrities out of people that don’t deserve to be celebrities….these reality shows are torking me off…i don’t watch any of them, and i wish they would all go away…why don’t i watch reality shows? BECAUSE REAL LIFE IS REALITY ENOUGH…i watch tv to get away from reality….
8. a new study of “twitter” shows that users in the age group of 12-17 only account for 11 percent of the twitter users…most twitter users are a lot older…which explains all the twittering like “HURRY AND TURN THE TV ON…MATLOCK’S ON!!”
9. a british man was hospitalized the other day for a RUPTURED APPENDIX after doctors told him that they had already removed his appendix in surgery a few weeks before that…scary huh? the guy is so terrified that he’s afraid to pull down his pants and see what the doctor’s actually removed….
10. u.s. and world leaders were paying tribute yesterday to ted kennedy, who died at the age of 77… he was the last surviving brother of a DYNASTY….three brothers that took over the world….ummm…by the way, if you’re under the age of 30, the kennedy’s were as big as the jonas brothers are today….ha ha
11. the new BATMAN video game is getting rave reviews…in this new game, BATMAN fights the worst criminals in the world like THE JOKER, THE RIDDLER, BERNIE MADOFF AND MICHAEL VICK….
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A fellow decides to take off early from work and go drinking. He stays until the bar closes at three in the morning, at which time he is extremely drunk. After leaving the bar, he returns home on foot.
When he enters his house, he doesn’t want to wake anyone, so he takes off his shoes and starts tip-toeing up the stairs. Halfway up the stairs, he falls over backwards and lands flat on his back, cutting himself badly on the pint bottles in his back pockets. Because he is so drunk, he doesn’t even feel it.
As he is undressing, he notices blood, so he checks himself in the mirror. He sees the cuts and repairs the damage as best he can under the circumstances, then goes to bed.
The next morning his wife comes in and says, “Well, you really tied one on last night. Where’d you go?”
“I worked late,” he said, “and I stopped off for a couple of beers.”
“A couple of beers? That’s a laugh,” she replied. “You got plastered last night. Where did you go?”
“What makes you so sure I got drunk last night, anyway?”
“Well,” she replied, “my first clue was when I got up this morning and found a bunch of band-aids stuck to the mirror.”
OOOOOHHHH..THAT’S A GOOD ONE…HAVE A HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYBODY..DON’T WORK TOO HARD…I SURE AS HELL WON’T…