1. TODAY AND YESTERDAY…jeannie and i were watching the mel brooks classic “SPACEBALLS” the other day, and we saw actor DICK VAN PATTEN playing princess vespa’s dad. he also was the father on “eight is enough.” so, i wondered, what does dick van patten look like today? let’s find out.
here is dick van patten back in his glory days…
AND HERE IS DICK VAN PATTEN TODAY AT THE TENDER AGE OF 81……
i know this isn’t very nice, but the shadows of the photographers almost make it look like he peed his pants….ha ha
2. well, tonight is another classic battle in warner…it’s homecoming week at warner and tonight the monarch’s volleyball team will host the northwestern wildcats again…when these two play, it’s always a barn burner…..and to make matters a big muddier, brent nathaniel from our sister stations “the rock” and “pheasant country 103” has challenged me. brent is from mellette and graduated from northwestern. my family, of course, lives in warner where the kids go to school. we have a little wager that whoever loses has to go on the other one’s radio station on friday and profess your love for the other team….yikes….hopefully you’ll hear brent on the morning party friday morning…ha ha
3. THE MOST DISTURBING NEWS OF THE YEAR…(OR MAYBE LONGER)….mackenzie phillips….the “one day at a time” star revealed yesterday that her dad, mama’s and papa’s founder john phillips, raped her when she was 19, and then they had a “consentual” sexual relationship for the next decade…i cannot tell you how sick that is…..plus, mackenzie claims that her father taught her how to roll a join and how to insert cocaine into your body WHEN MACKENZIE WAS ELEVEN!!!!! if these allegations are true, then john phillips needs to be nominated for the “dad of a lifetime.” good gravy…..keep in mind though, john phillips is dead, and mackenzie has a new book out…it sounds like these allegations are real, because a couple of family members have come out in support of mackenzie, but with hollywood types you never know…..here’s my question…IF SOME FAMILY MEMBERS HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT SINCE MACKENZIE WAS LITTLE, WHY THE HELL DIDN’T THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?
4. GORDON LIGHTFOOT SHOW IN SIOUX FALLS A WEEK FROM FRIDAY NIGHT…YEAH…i cannot wait. if you still want to go to the show, check out the washington pavillion’s website. thanks to some wonderful people at the promotion company in fargo, we will get to not only see gordon in concert, but meet him as well. i’m so excited i about can’t contain myself.
5. there’s a nice story in the american news today about nsu’s KRAMER HALL getting redone into “suites.” they weren’t like that when i lived there back in 1982….well, “lived” is kind of a strong word…i “took up space” there for one year, just enough to get a little sleep, shower, and go out and have fun again….if my kids do that their first year of college, i will clobber them….
6. a remake of the movie “fame” comes out friday night at carmike…WHY? I DIDN’T LIKE THE MOVIE THE FIRST TIME…i do want to see the new movie “surrogates” starring bruce willis.
7. lybian dictator moammar khadafy arrived at the united nations yesterday with his “amazon guards” as he calls them. they are actually FIFTY VERY HOT FEMALE BODYGUARDS IN FORM FITTING UNIFORMS….what does he think he is? a rock star? khadafy gave a rambling 90 minute speech that people described as “insane” and “incoherent.” most people, though, didn’t even hear his speech…they were too busy staring at his “bodyguards.”
here they are:
8. former EBAY CEO meg whitman announced her run for california governor…hey, at the very least, she could help america have some KILLER GARAGE SALES….
9. a man in virginia is accused of vandalizing restraunt urinals, and then offering to fix them for $500 dollars…apparently this guy is a big fan of “TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS.”
10. a new study finds that THREE OUT OF FOUR nfl players go broke within two years of their retirement…so, it appears that brett favre will never have that problem….ha ha
11. authorities at milburn high school in milburn, new jersey, are dealing with hazing by senior girls who put the names of freshmen girls on a so called “slut list” that describes the sordid acts that they would be “willing to perform.” the list was then circulated throughout the school….AND CONGRESS….
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man placed some flowers on the grave of his dearly departed mother and started back toward his car when his attention was diverted to another man kneeling at a grave. The man seemed to be praying with profound intensity and kept repeating, “Why did you have to die? Why did you have to die?” The first man approached him and said, “Sir, I don’t wish to interfere with your private grief, but this demonstration of pain is more than I’ve ever seen before. For whom do you mourn so deeply? A child? A parent?” The mourner took a moment to collect himself, then replied, “My wife’s first husband.”
ENJOY YOUR THURSDAY EVERYBODY…