I’M HAVING TROUBLE UPLOADING THE PICTURES FOR ‘TODAY AND YESTERDAY”. I SHOULD HAVE THE PROBLEM FIXED SOON…IN THE MEANTIME, HERE’S TODAY’S BLOG…
1. WHAT A GREAT NIGHT OF VOLLEYBALL LAST NIGHT…i heard many people say after the matches, that it was so incredible that it wouldn’t have mattered which team won…number four ranked warner defeated number one ranked northwestern last night during warner’s homecoming week. the matches were back and forth…back and forth…back and forth…and the fifth and final match went past the 15 point mark…i’ll say this again…it’s a crying shame that these two powerhouses have to come out of the same district. if they could both make the state tournament, i’m sure they would both be number and number two every single year….
2. well, my washington redskins head to detroit to take on the winless detroit lions this sunday. i’m scared to death…i’m afraid that the redskins are going to give the lions thier first win in almost two seasons….my skins are playing like crap lately, even though they are a much better team than detroit in every aspect of the game….we’ll see…i, of course want washington to win, but i won’t be shocked if detroit wins….
3. this mackenzie phillips story of having sex with her father for a decade bothers me more and more that i think of it. i can’t imagine having that situation in your life and living thru it. i just pray that mackenzie has gotten past it….man, that’s just horrible….
4. the tv show “GOMER PYLE” debuted on this date in 1964…it starred the very funny JIM NABORS…do you remember the first time you heard jim nabors sing? we were watching tv one night back in the late 60’s and jim nabors was the guest. i was sitting there expecting him to talk like gomer pyle and do some funny skit, but when he walked out he started singing in this “low bassy, classical voice.” blew me away…..
here’s a couple of ‘today and yesterday’ photos of jim nabors..
and here he is today…
5. it looks like high school football in the rain tonight…the nice thing is, we don’t have any kids playing anymore, so if it’s really crappy, we can go home….ALTHOUGH, i do not mind watching football in the rain…especially high school football….
6. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO REMAKE THE MOVIE “FAME”? i’m getting so disgusted in the remakes of the classic movies. there’s also a remake of “footloose” coming out soon…why? if they ever remake “animal house” or ‘the wizard of oz’, i will boycott theaters..ha ha…”the wiz” was bad enough….
7. the tank top and shorts worn by megan fox in the “transformers” movie, are going up for auction next week….i’m sure the winner will be some geeky nerdy megan fox fan, who will buy the clothes to dress up his blow up doll girlfriend….
8. i was thinking again about the mackenzie phillips/daddy saga of her sleeping with her dad for over ten years…then i got thinking…does hallmark even make a father/boyfriend card?
9. actress kim catrall told reporters that she feels “like a beatle” on the set of the new sex and the city movie….i’m not suprised..she’s starting to look like ringo….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was
She told him “Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the
driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE !!”
The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke
up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box
gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.
Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought
the box back in the house.
She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.
Bob has been missing since Friday.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY…