YOUR DAILY BLOG IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS IN ABERDEEN…BY THE WAY, THE GRILLS ARE IN!!! STARTING THIS THURSDAY MORNING AT 11 WHEN WE BEGIN OUR BROADCASTS, 400 DOLLAR CHARBROIL GAS GRILLS WILL GO FOR 229 UNTIL THEY ARE GONE. ONLY AT DAKOTA HOT TUBS IN ABERDEEN.
1. in our “today and yesterday” segment, we feature a couple of birthday kids today….kids? well, maybe not kids….ha ha….first of all, the mom on the”PARTRIDGE FAMILY” is 76 today and still looking good. actress SHIRLEY JONES is featured first. here’s a couple of older pictures of her, including a cast photo from the show.
and here’s SHIRLEY JONES today at 76…..
also, GABE KAPLAN who played “KOTTER” on “WELCOME BACK KOTTER” is 65 today…here’s a picture of GABE back on the show…
as you probably know, this show is where JOHN TRAVOLTA got his start!!! anyway, here are two pictures of GABE KAPLAN today at 65….he’s at a speaking engagement in the first one, and he’s a professional poker player, so here’s a shot of him playing cards.
and just for kicks and giggles, here’s a photo of JOHN TRAVOLTA as “VINNY BARBARINO” on “WELCOME BACK KOTTER.”
2. YOUR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“if swimming is as good as they say for you, then why do whales look like they do?”
3. YOUR CLASSIC TV COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
remember the “CRACKER JACKS” commercial starring tv and commercial star “JACK GILFORD”? here it is…
4. i don’t know why, but i was thinking the other day about the 70’s cartoon, “THE GROOVY GHOULIES.” do you remember them? i beleive they were part of the “SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH” show on saturday mornings. see if you can remember these guys….
here’s a short five minute part of the show….it’s called “LITTLE RED RIDING WOLF.” i completely remember watching this.
5. i have never seen a movie evoke emotions like “THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST.” as i mentioned before, we watched it last night at our church in hecla, and i’m watching it again tonight with my confirmation class at hecla. (pizza, pop, and a movie….classic night.) anyway, i totally recommend everybody out there to watch the movie to get the true meaning of easter, and to see what JESUS went thru for us….it’s hard to watch during the “beating and crucifiction” scenes, but i’m sure back then it was very hard to watch.
6. JAY’S RANT FOR TODAY…(which apparently do no good.)
okay….for the 23rd time in the last year, THE LEFT LANE OF A FOUR LANE IS FOR PASSING, AND NOT FOR DRIVING 50 MILES AND HOUR IN A 70 MPH ZONE….c’mon people…if you’re going to drive like you’re in a funeral procession, move over. yesterday on the highway going to groton, i was “pinned in” between a slow car in the right lane, and a slow car in the left lane…..this is something that drives me ABSOLUTELY CRAZY…thank goodness i had my polka cd’s on, so i was mostly relaxed….
7. SINGER RICKY MARTIN IS GAY? who cares….i’m so doggone tired of people “coming out.” i don’t care about your sexual lives….i don’t care about your personal lives…i just like your music….maybe i should come out on the radio and say, “I’M STRAIGHT AND I LOVE WOMEN…” who really gives a crap…keep it to yourself……if that lifestyle is your preference, so be it….i don’t know why this has to be a “media” event all the time….
8. according to a new study, SMALL DOSES OF CHOCOLATE EVERY DAY could decrease your risk of having a heart attack or a stroke by nearly 40 PERCENT…wonderful….now when i have a heart attack, right before they grab the paddles, they’ll cram a NESTLE’S CRUNCH BAR down my throat….
9. FOX has cancelled “24” after EIGHT SEASONS…so, basically, it’s where a single day lasted EIGHT YEARS….it’s kind of like thanksgiving with the in-laws….
10. scientists on tuesday at a “supercollider” in switzerland, attempted to recreate the big bang, that some say led to the creation of the universe….this could make a black hole that would gobble up everything…..which reminds me….i have to get my taxes done yet…..
11. a man fleeing police ended up jumping a fence, THAT LANDED HIM IN A PRISON YARD…officers say that the man is “armed and stupid.”
12. the author of the “twilight series” has announced that she has a new book coming out about a ‘newborn vampire.’ the gorriest part of the book will be the breastfeeding…..
13. JOKE OF THE DAY: ( I LOVE THIS ONE)
An old woman is riding in an elevator in a very lavish New York City building when a young, beautiful woman gets into the elevator, smelling of expensive perfume. She turns to the old woman and says arrogantly, “Romance by Ralph Lauren, $150 an ounce!”
Then another young and beautiful woman gets on the elevator, and also very arrogantly turns to the old woman saying, “Chanel No. 5, $200 an ounce!”
About three floors later, the old woman has reached her destination and is about to get off the elevator. Before she leaves, she looks both beautiful women in the eye, then lifts her leg and passes gas and says, “BROCCOLI….49 CENTS A POUND.”
HA HA HA HA…..
HEY, HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY…