your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS IN ABERDEEN…..remember, DAKOTA HOT TUBS is in thier temporary location in front of ken’s in the former 6th avenue casino, UNTIL WHEN THEY CLOSE THURSDAY…stop on by….plus i’ll be broadcasting there on THURSDAY…
1. “EVERYBODY’S WORKIN’ FOR THE WEEKEND.” we all knew the words to that song by LOVERBOY back in the early 80’s. it seemed that EVERYBODY had the LOVERBOY albums back then. we’re featuring LOVERBOY today in our “yesterday and today” segment, and also in our “classic album covers” segment. first of all, let’s see what LOVERBOY looked like back then….
a group of us had the chance to see LOVERBOY a couple of years back, and yes they are aging, but man oh man, can they still ROCK AND ROLL…they were INCREDIBLE…these guys would be awesome at next year’s BROWN COUNTY FAIR…..start petitioning today….here’s LOVERBOY today….
longtime lead singer MIKE RENO…
longtime guitarist PAUL DEAN…
longtime drummer MATT FRENETTE….
BONUS: here’s the video for “WORKIN’ FOR THE WEEKEND.”
2. YOUR CLASSIC ALBUM COVERS OF THE DAY:
LOVERBOY’S debut album…
featured “THE KID IS HOT TONIGHT”, and “TURN ME LOOSE”.
EVERYBODY had this LOVERBOY album…
this featured “WORKIN’ FOR THE WEEKEND”, “WHEN IT’S OVER”, and”LUCKY ONES”.
3. YOUR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“do they re-use body bags? or do they throw them away and get new ones? i mean, it’s not like the ones using them would give a crap anyway!”
4. SPECIAL ADDED BONUS FEATURE:
i love ABBOTT AND COSTELLO…and their bit “WHO’S ON FIRST”, is one of the great classic moments of comedy….you want to see it? get ready, here it is…..
5. last night while hanging out with a friend, we were talking about the horrible things that people go thru in thier lifetimes, and i mentioned “internet porn.” he thought i said, “internet CORN,” which set off about a half hour of “corn jokes.” i told him to tell me what he thought, because i was “all ears.” we had jokes about being a “stalker”, “outstanding in their field,” and dozens of others…i haven’t laughed that hard in a long time…
6. i want to say a huge THANK YOU to my awesome congregations in HECLA AND HOUGHTON…we’re having a clothing drive, along with the kids from ST. JOHN in WARNER, so we can take them along to MARY’S PLACE this weekend in MINNEAPOLIS…all the clothes will be donated to the homeless….well, last night i took the four seats out of my van, and brought back the first load of stuff from HECLA AND HOUGHTON…last night? 65 BAGS OF CLOTHING…65!!! and i still have two loads to bring down….man, what a great feeling….
7. apparently my “cross dressing” the other night for the RELAY FOR LIFE has made an impact on some people…yesterday, i had AT LEAST A DOZEN PEOPLE call me “JAYDA”…that was my name friday night while dressed up…..hmm…maybe i’ll do it again this friday night….NOT….ha ha
8. i came home last night and my wife was watching “THE OFFICE”, on tv….i made the comment, that we must watch at least one episode of “THE OFFICE”, five to six days a week…my wife told me i was wrong, she said it’s SEVEN DAYS A WEEK….
9. my top three most hated sports teams?
1. THE DALLAS COWBOYS
2. THE NEW YORK YANKEES
3. THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS…
(i root for them to lose every single time they play.)…and it’s amazing how many people like all three of those teams at once….bandwagoners….ha ha
10. reaction continues to PRESIDENT OBAMA’S line on a tv interview with MATT LAUER, when he was talking about the oil spill, and wondering, “WHOSE ASS TO KICK…” even EDDIE MURPHY said, “WHOA…TAKE IT EASY, DUDE…”
11. according to a new study, americans are sleepier, and nod off during work more than people from other countries…that’s ridiculous…i don’t think that……umm….americans…umm…fall asleep more than……….ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
(OH CRAP..SORRY, DOZED OFF THERE.)
12. HEIDI MONTAG filed for legal separation from husband SPENCER PRATT yesterday in SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA….HEIDI was so upset that she had her plastic surgeon carve a frown on her botox-frozen face……
13. time magazine reports that a growing number of tourists are going to INDIA to hire surrogate mothers…the nice thing is, they can practically walk outside and scream to get tech support….
14. doctors think that a british woman may have set the world record by being in labor for nearly THREE WEEKS….she named her baby boy, “BP”, because the baby didn’t do anything for days and days….
15. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A couple of rednecks are out in the woods hunting when one of them suddenly grabs his chest and falls to the ground. He doesn’t seem to be breathing, and his eyes are rolled back in his head.
The other redneck whips out his cell phone and calls 911. He gasps to the operator, “I think Bubba is dead! What should I do?”
The operator, in a calm soothing voice says, “Just take it easy and follow my instructions. First, let’s make sure he’s dead.”
There is a silence… then a shot is heard.
The redneck’s voice comes back on the line, “Okay, now what?”
HAVE A WACKY WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY…