your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC and DAKOTA HOT TUBS IN ABERDEEN….
1. can’t beleive this….BARRY MANILOW IS MY PARENT’S AGE….wow….BARRY MANILOW turns 64 years old today…he’s BETTE MIDLER’S former piano player and musical arranger, and has been a legend in the music business for over four decades…let’s salute the birthday boy on his 64th birthday…first of all, here’s a couple of younger pictures…..
and here’s BARRY MANILOW today at the age of 64…..
2. here’s a video you can watch of BARRY MANILOW singing, quite possibly, my favorite BARRY song, “EVEN NOW.”
and here’s a BARRY song that I LOVE TO SING….”SOMEWHERE IN THE NIGHT”….incredible tuneage…..
3. speaking of “EVEN NOW”, it’s my album cover of the day….
this classic album featured the title cut, “EVEN NOW”, plus “CAN’T SMILE WITHOUT YOU”, “COPACABANA”, and “SOMEWHERE IN THE NIGHT” which i absolutely LOVE….if you haven’t heard this album lately, order it…it will quickly become your favorite….
4. sorry….can’t get into world cup soccer……just started getting into the national hockey league, but soccer just ain’t cutting it….
5. also don’t care who wins the NBA finals…my two most hated teams in the league are the LOS ANGELES LAKERS and the BOSTON CELTICS…..you see, back in the 70’s and 80’s, i was a diehard PHILADELPHIA 76’ERS fan, so i couldn’t like those teams….my 76’ers consisted of greats like DR. J, DARYL DAWKINS, CHARLES BARKLEY, WORLD B. FREE, (yes that’s his real name), MOSES MALONE and many many more…..
remember what ‘CHOCOLATE THUNDER’ DARYL DAWKINS was known for? SHATTERING THE GLASS, BABY….CHECK THIS OUT…
6. i just talked to GOD, and apparently it’s going to rain every day…..
7. in the latest rasmussen poll, PRESIDENT OBAMA’S disapproval rating was at an all time high of 57 percent….well, that’s what they get for polling oily pelicans…..
8. there’s a new 240 page book out about why video games matter….ARE YOU KIDDING? 240 PAGES? i can tell you why in five little worlds….
IT SHUTS THE KIDS UP…….
9. GARY COLEMAN’S ex girlfriend and his ex wife are fighting over what to do with his ashes once he is cremated….they can’t decided on either a salt shaker or a pepper shaker…..(please forgive me…that was bad)
10. a PORN STAR is claiming that TIGER WOODS fathered her nine year old child. but her mother says that all she’s trying to do is to get TIGER’S money….and this is stupid….i mean, TIGER is great, but HE CAN’T FATHER A NINE YEAR OLD CHILD….
11. BETTY WHITE’S new TVLAND sitcom called ‘HOT IN CLEVELAND”, premiered this past wednesday…i like this title a lot better than the one they were going to use…..”HOW I MET YOUR GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GRANDMA.”
12. in NEW YORK CITY, a concert by the brothers known as HANSON, had to be canceled because the crowd became unruly….AT A HANSON CONCERT? crap…i think that’s the final sign in the book of REVELATION…….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a checkup, the doctor tells them that they’re physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember.
Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair.
“Want anything while I’m in the kitchen?” he asks.
“Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?”
“Don’t you think you should write it down so you can remember it?” she asks.
“No, I can remember it.”
“Well, I’d like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so’s not to forget it?”
He says, “I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.”
“I’d also like whipped cream. I’m certain you’ll forget that, write it down?” she asks.
Irritated, he says, “I don’t need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream – I got it, for goodness sake!”
Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes,
The old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a moment.
“I knew you’d forget, where’s my toast?”
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY EVERYBODY…