****FIRST OF ALL, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TODAY TO MY PAPA, DEAN HAALAND OF PIERPONT…..I LOVE YOU DAD….ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY…SEE YOU TONIGHT….
your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS BOTH IN ABERDEEN….
1. happy birthday wishes going out today to SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY….doesn’t seem right that PAUL is bouncing on the line of turning 70? PAUL MCCARTNEY is 68 years old today….here’s a couple of older pics of the FORMER BEATLE….
here’s PAUL MCCARTNEY today at the age of 68…the first pic is a recent one with the only remaining BEATLE besides himself, RINGO STARR…
2. ready to bring back some memories? if you have time, here’s the video of THE BEATLES first time on “THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW.”
3. sometimes you meet people that steal your heart away with just one look…..that happened last weekend at MARY’S PLACE in MINNEAPOLIS, when we were in charge of daycare for some of the children…..i could have adopted any of about three dozens kids that weekend…here are a few pictures of the beautiful children we took care of…..
the first one is GRACE….i fell HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH HER….she even sang us a MILEY CYRUS song….this kid had more personality at the age of 4 or 5 than most people have at 30….
MAY GOD BLESS THESE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN DAILY….
4. last night we had our very first “BACKYARD BBQ” party in aberdeen at the home of our first winner, LINDA SCHWABE….here are some photos of the night…WE HAD A BLAST…..
well, some people really had fun…apparently we had a leak in the propane tank or something….RIGHT TAMMIE?
and here’s one of “JUST THE GIRLS.” yours truly, BRI, AND NIKKI….
and here’s one of the lucky winner and some of the cracked radio station staff….
5. tonight my beautiful wife JEANNIE celebrates her 25th high school class reunion at ROSLYN HIGH SCHOOL…in which i’m sure she can’t beleive has been that long…..but, this weekend is going to be very emotional, because on saturday they will have a “CLOSING CEREMONY” for good ol’ ROSLYN HIGH SCHOOL….it’s going to be very sad…..hey, if it wasn’t for ROSLYN HIGH SCHOOL, i would have probably never met my beautiful lifelong best friend…..GOODBYE ROSLYN HIGH SCHOOL…WE WILL MISS YOU….
6. last night i spent about two hours putting together some music from JEANNIE’S high school days for a party this weekend. what a great time….it was fun listening to some of that stuff again. i was listening to great music by BOSTON, STYX, HALL AND OATES, ASIA, MELISSA MANCHESTER, CYNDI LAUPER, VAN HALEN, and more….great time….
7. FOR GOD’S SAKE, WOULD YOU JUST COME HERE AND SING? last night about 11:00 when i was looking up crap on the internet, i found out that our SIMON AND GARFUNKEL concert in FARGO, has ONCE AGAIN BEEN POSTPONED….criminey…..this time, it’s postponed indefinetly…..apparently ART GARFUNKEL still has voice problems…..the way we’re going, YOUTUBE is probably the only chance i’ll get to see them…oh, speaking of YOUTUBE, here’s a video of SIMON AND GARFUNKEL performing my favorite song that they did called “HOMEWARD BOUND.”
8. BP CEO TONY HAYWARD testified in front of the senate this week….they even gave him a glass of water, and naturally, he spilled it…..
9. TRUE STORY….someone found a package of human heads on a southwest airlines flight in LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS….and yet, i can’t even get onto a plane with a bottle of shampoo…..(SOUTHWEST AIRLINES…WHERE HEADS FLY FREE.”
10. this sunday is father’s day…otherwise known as christmas for the ugly necktie industry….
11. actor JEREMY LONDON claims that he was kidnapped from the roadside by some men who forced him at gunpoint to drink and take drugs….LINDSAY LOHAN was quoted as saying, “DAMMIT, WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THAT EXCUSE?”
12. HARRISON FORD and CALISTA FLOCKHART got married last weekend….he got to be the “SOMETHING OLD” part, and for the “SOMETHING NEW” part, she ate some food…..
13. TOY STORY 3 is out in theaters this weekend…..all the toys are back….THE DINOSAUR…THE BARBIE…..oh wait, i’m still thinking about HARRISON FORD AND CALISTA FLOCKHART….
14. JOKES OF THE DAY:
While shopping in a food store, two nuns happened to pass by the beer, wine and liquor section. One asked the other if she would like a beer. The second nun answered that, indeed, it would be very nice to have one, but that she would feel uncomfortable about purchasing it. The first nun replied that she would handle that without a problem.
She picked up a six-pack and took it to the cashier. The cashier has a surprised look so, so the nun said, “This is for washing our hair.”
Without blinking an eye, the cashier reached under the counter and put a package of pretzel sticks in the bag with the beer.
“The curlers are on me.”
OKAY, HOW ‘BOUT ……
One night, a guy walked into a bar and asked the bartender for a drink. Then he asked for another.
After a couple more drinks, the bartender got worried.
“What’s the matter?” the bartender asked.
“My wife and I got into a fight,” explained the guy, “and she vowed not to talk to me for 31 days . . .”
He took another drink, and said, “And tonight is the last night.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY…TAKE CARE…