YOUR DAILY BLOG SPONSORED BY DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN….
1. in our celebrity birthdays today, we feature legendary actress, and sex siren JANE RUSSELL, who turns 89 years old today….here she is back in the day when she was a pinup queen….
and here she is today at the tender age of 89…the first pic, i beleive, is with a fan…..and a young fan at that….
2. how is this for odd? “FAMILY TIES” mom and dad, actors MICHAEL GROSS AND MEREDITH BAXTER BIRNEY, are both celebrating birthdays today, and are BOTH 63….same birthday, same age, same tv show…that’s crazy….here’s what they look like today on their 63rd birthdays….
3. YOUR CLASSIC ALBUM COVER OF THE DAY:
it’s the “CAPTAIN AND TENNILLE” with their hit album “LOVE WILL KEEP US TOGETHER” from 1975…it was on this date in 1975, that the title song “LOVE WILL KEEP US TOGETHER” went number one in the nation….and it was written by NEIL SEDAKA….the album also featured “THE WAY THAT I WANT TO TOUCH YOU.”
4. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
remember “VLASIC PICKLES?” this commercial featured a stork, obviously mimicking GROUCHO MARX….here it is…
5. NEVER EVER has a cartoon captivated me like “TOY STORY 3″…..yesterday, my handsome boys TYLER AND MITCHELL, and my beautiful wife JEANNIE, took me to supper and a movie for father’s day…..TOY STORY 3 was incredible!!! it was a delight from beginning to end, and no, you don’t have to be a kid to love this movie….funniest part of the event? when WOODY THE COWBOY was in trouble on the screen, some little kid in the theater yelled, “WOODY”, and then began to cry…it was super cute…..by the way, TOY STORY 3 set a new record and OBLITERATED the competition at the box office over the weekend, raking in 109 million dollars, making it the biggest opening weekend ever for a PIXAR movie…..the second closest movie, if you want to call it close, was THE KARATE KID bringing in 29 million…..
6. speaking of father’s day, what a perfect father’s day yesterday…TYLER AND MITCHELL both had the day off. it all started with a much needed nap f0r dad, then the “TOY STORY 3” movie, followed by supper at PIZZA HUT….then it was off to our home in WARNER for a few games of “beanbag”, then a walk around town, video games, and bedtime…perfect day…
7. what an emotional weekend in ROSLYN this weekend, as the ROSLYN SCHOOL closed it’s doors on saturday…sad sad sad day…i told JEANNIE that it’s hard to beleive we will never see ROSLYN on the game schedule anymore…we will never seen ROSLYN on the school closings, and we will never see ROSLYN VIKINGS on apparel and other merchandise anymore….the saddest part of the closing ceremony was when the announcer, JOSH WAGNER said,”AND NOW PLEASE STAND FOR THE FINAL PLAYING OF THE ROSLYN SCHOOL SONG…” that was very sad….the best part of the ceremony? former principal JUNIOR PEREBOOM’S speech…he was hilarious….and brought back a flood of memories for the ROSLYN alumni……
8. stores in LOS ANGELES were being vandalized and cars were being burned this past weekend….and then people found out that the LAKER’S won the NBA FINALS…ha ha….
9. tonight on CNN, LARRY KING will host a celebrity filled telethon for the people of the gulf coast in the wake of the BP oil spill….LARRY KING himself, will pledge to scoop up one million gallons of oil to rub on his creaky joints….
10. a judge has ordered the remains of chess great BOBBY FISCHER to be exhumed…..and now it’s FISCHER’S move….
11. a COLORADO coffee shop where the servers wore BIKINIS, has closed following a boycott….it’s the only coffee shop in america where customers didn’t care if the cups were spilling over….
12. a new report says that LINDSAY LOHAN has gotten an offer to appear on the next season of “CELEBRITY APPRENTICE.” the only catch? the world “CELEBRITY” will have to be taken out of the title…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
It was at the end of the school year, and a kindergarten teacher was receiving gifts from her pupils. The florist’s son handed her a gift. She shook it, held it overhead, and said, “I bet I know what it is. Some flowers.” “That’s right” the boy said, “but how did you know?” “Oh, just a wild guess,” she said. The next pupil was the candy shop owner’s daughter. The teacher held her gift overhead, shook it, and said, “I bet I can guess what it is. A box of sweets.” “That’s right, but how did you know?” asked the girl. “Oh, just a wild guess,” said the teacher. The next gift was from the son of the liquor store owner. The teacher held the package overhead, but it was leaking. She touched a drop of the leakage with her finger and touched it to her tongue. “Is it wine?” she asked. “No,” the boy replied, with some excitement. The teacher repeated the process, taking a larger drop of the leakage to her tongue. “Is it champagne?” she asked. “No,” the boy replied, with more excitement. The teacher took one more taste before declaring, “I give up, what is it?” With great glee, the boy replied, “It’s a puppy!”
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY..