HAPPY TUESDAY FROM ME…
your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS both in ABERDEEN…
1. PAPA WALTON IS 82 TODAY….actor RALPH WAITE, who played JOHN WALTON on “THE WALTONS”, is having a birthday today, so we thought we’d salute him….here’s a couple of pictures from yesteryear….
and here is RALPH WAITE today on his 82nd birthday…
2. i always thought that ‘THE WALTONS” had one of the most memorable theme songs ever….we even played it in concert band in VEBLEN….here it is….
3. YOUR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“give a man some fish, and he’ll eat all day……teach a man to fish, and he’ll be GONE for days….”
this is BENNY MARDONES and his album “RUN NEVER HIDE,” which featured the number one hit “INTO THE NIGHT.”
here’s the song…
5. well, our ST. JOHN’S LUTHERAN softball team is 0-2 after losing last night….we were up 6-0 in the first inning and ended up losing 13-9…….i haven’t even played an inning yet, which is okay with me. i umped both games…..my biggest fear? making a horrible call that affects the outcome of the game….i know that it’s just a game, but some people take it really seriously….i don’t want to be known as “that guy who lost the game for us.” so far, i don’t think i’ve screwed up any calls….there was one close one, but i stand by what i thought it was…..
6. well, here comes the beginning of the end at our home….our son MITCHELL takes his senior pictures today….man, this is going to be one emotional year. our last child graduating….i know that he will do well in college next year, and i know that JEANNIE AND I will do fine at home…..i’m just not looking forward to the first couple of months of “empty nest sydrome.” i LOVE having kids around the house so much, that it will break my heart when this monumental event happens….
7. i have an elderly church lady who apparently is in her final hours here on earth. yesterday i spent a couple of hours with her and i’m just amazed at something. i’m amazed at the calming effect that prayer and the LORD’S PRAYER has on someone who appears to be struggling a bit. every time i would pray with her, she would relax and breathe a bit easier…….she’s unresponsive, but prayer seems to settle her down….it’s quite a fantastic thing to see…..i love being with people in their final moments on earth….it’s calming to me, and really reaffirms my faith and what is coming after we’re gone.
8. THIS BOY’S IN TROUBLE….CAROLINA PANTHER’S star wide reciever STEVE SMITH apparently broke his arm playing flag football, and may miss the entire training camp to get ready for the season. expect a huge fine from the team, and maybe a suspension for being such an idiot and getting hurt in the offseason. ummm…isn’t flag football where you don’t touch them? how the heck does a person break their arm playing flag football?
9. yesterday was the official first day of summer….and now that summer’s here, be sure to get a pair of extra dark sunglasses to shield your eyes during RUSH LIMBAUGH SPEEDO SEASON….
10. a new rasmussen telephone survey found that 62 percent of americans believe that politicians just want the government to take over more power, and take over more of your money….apparently the other 38 percent weren’t home at the time of the survey….
11. a writer on a bridal web site suggested that if a wedding gown is too elaborate to get out of easily, the bride should just wear adult diapers on her wedding day….umm…just a little reminder to brides…make DARN SURE that you get rid of the diaper before your wedding night in the honeymoon suite…….
12. hard to beleive, but this week marks the one year anniversary of MICHAEL JACKSON’S death….and just yesterday, a family attorney said that MICHAEL’S kids are just “normal children.” except for the nightmares they had while playing “got your nose” with their dad….that’s when MICHAEL went thru over a dozen noses…
13. reaction continues to TOY STORY 3 with the biggest film debut in june history, raking in over 109 million dollars….apparently audiences just love characters made out of plastic….no wait…correct that….that’s the JOAN RIVER’S documentary….
14. actor CHRIS KLEIN of the “AMERICAN PIE” movies, has checked himself into the same rehab center that LINDSAY LOHAN used…and we know how well that worked for her….
15. JOKES OF THE DAY:
A brunette, a redhead and a blonde are in a breast stroke race. The starter’s gun goes off and the three girls dive into the pool. The brunette and the redhead shoot across the pool and get out; 20 minutes later the blonde reaches the end and gets out.
The judge says, “The gold medal goes to the brunette, the silver medal goes to the redhead, and the bronze goes to the blonde.”
The blonde says, “I don’t want to be a sore loser, but I think the other girls were using their arms.”
OKAY, HOW ‘BOUT THIS ONE …….
Negotiations between union members and their employer were at an impasse. The union denied that their workers were flagrantly abusing their contract’s sick-leave provisions.
One morning at the bargaining table, the company’s chief negotiator held up the morning edition of the newspaper, “This man,” he announced, “called in sick yesterday!”
There on the sports page was a photo of the supposedly ill employee, who had just won a local golf tournament with an excellent score.
The silence in the room was broken by a union negotiator.
“Wow,” he said. “Just think of what kind of score he could have had if he hadn’t been sick!”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY, MY FRIENDS…