HI THERE…MY NAME IS JAY DEAN…WOULD YOU BE MY FRIEND?
your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN…..
1. this morning, i had one of those obscure moments when a name pops into my head that i haven’t thought about in years….do you know what that name was? ANSON WILLIAMS….he of course played “POTSIE” on “HAPPY DAYS.” so, why not salute him while we’re talking about him…..here’s ANSON WILLIAMS back when the show was a huge hit….
and here’s ANSON WILLIAMS, today at the age of 60, believe it or not…..
the first picture is with DON MOST, who played “RALPH MALPH”, plus ERIN MORAN who played “JOANIE”, and CINDY WILLIAMS, from “LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY.”
2. remember the “HAPPY DAYS” theme song and opening credits? here it is…..
3. here are FIVE of the “WORST ALBUM COVERS EVER EVER EVER!!!!”
4. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY…
i used to try and sing this song from a “FRITOS” commercial back in 1978…..geez, couldn’t they have found a cuter kid to be in this commercial? i was available…oh wait, i said cuter…..
5. i cannot even imagine watching this…i’m not a tennis fan whatsoever, but i’m certainly not a tennis fan that could sit thru a match that is ALREADY OVER TEN HOURS LONG….AND STILL GOING….wow…did you hear about this? AMERICAN JOHN ISNER and FRENCHMAN NICOLAS MAHUT are locked at 59-59 in the fifth match after their match was called last night because of darkness……these guys started their game tuesday, continued wednesday, and will HOPEFULLY finish today….here are some of the records that fell in this match:
longest match in tennis history: well over ten hours long.
longest set in tennis history: 118 games
most games in tennis history: 163 games (the longest previous set at wimbledon was 46 games)…..they obliterated that record!!
6. this “so called celebrity” LADY GAGA is in hot water over her antics at a new york yankees game the other day, and is now drawing the ire of such REAL celebrities like JERRY SEINFELD, CHRIS ROCK, and dozens of others…..she apparently wore skimpy clothing to the game, grabbed her boobs, got drunk, and made a complete ass out of herself in the yankee’s locker room….WHY WAS SHE IN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE? check out these pictures of LADY GAGA at the yankees game…..CAN YOU SAY “MORPHING INTO MADONNA?”
7. i had probably the BEST ICE CREAM CONE EVER last night at DAIRY QUEEN IN GROTON….i was heading home from HECLA, and craved an ice cream cone, so i gathered up every coin i could find in my van, and bought one….it was super duper good….
8. MAYTAG is recalling nearly two million dishwashers…which, when you think about it, is basically what ARIZONA is trying to do…..
9. a restraunt near PHOENIX, ARIZONA is hawking a 21 dollar “LION BURGER” in celebration of the world cup…..and you can tell it’s really fresh lion, too……because shortly after you eat it, it comes “roaring” out the other end……
10. a naked woman in UTAH, stole two cars and led police on a very unusual chase…it was unusual because it was the first time that anyone in UTAH has seen a naked woman….
11. JORAN VAN DER SLOOT is boasting that he’s had several marriage proposals while being jailed in PERU….yeah, but proposals from guys like BUBBA and SNAKE don’t count….
12. singer KATY PERRY fell down at a party and had to get 17 stitches in her leg…lucky for her, men never look at her legs….
13. the man who went to PAKISTAN to hunt down OSAMA BIN LADEN, is back in the UNITED STATES….and tomorrow he will leave for SOUTH AFRICA to hunt down the guy who invented the VUVUZELA…..
14. CNN has hired former NEW YORK GOVERNOR ELLIOT SPITZER to host a new primetime talk show…now there’s a switch….ELIOT SPITZER is the one getting paid by the hour…
15. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Three Texans go down to Mexico one night, get drunk, and wake up in jail only to find out that they are to be executed in the morning, though none of them can remember what they did the night before.
The first one strapped in the electric chair and is asked if he has any last words.
He says, “I am from the Baylor School of Divinity and I believe in the almighty power of God to intervene on behalf of the innocent.”
They throw the switch and nothing happens, so they figure God must not want this guy to die and they let him go.
The second one is strapped in and gives his last words, “I am from the University of Texas School of Law and I believe in the power of justice to intervene on the part of the innocent.”
They throw the switch and again, nothing happens. They figure that the law is on this guy’s side, so they let him go too.
The last one is strapped in and says, “Well, I’m a Texas Aggie Electrical Engineer, and I’ll tell you right now, you ain’t gonna electrocute nobody if you don’t connect them two wires.”
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY EVERYBODY…