HAPPY MONDAY MY FRIENDS….FROM JAY AND OLIVIA…
your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS BOTH OF ABERDEEN….wait until you see the coolest trailer you’ve ever seen at DAKOTA HOT TUBS….it doubles as a trailer and a utility cabinet for your garage…yeah, no kidding…check it out today.
1. happy birthday wishes today going out to the great writer, comedian, and movie director MEL BROOKS….MEL turns 84 years old today….MEL BROOKS is known for such classics as the great comedy bit with CARL REINER called “THE 2,000 YEAR OLD MAN”, plus fantastic movies like “YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN”, “SPACEBALLS”, “BLAZING SADDLES”, THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART ONE”, and many more….here is MEL BROOKS from years ago. the first one is with his now deceased wife, actress ANNE BANCROFT…..
and here is MEL BROOKS today on his 84th birthday….
2. how about a couple of classic MEL BROOKS moments from his films…..
here is the awesome moment from “YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN” where MARTY FELDMAN tells GENE WILDER whose brain they put in the monster….also appearing is a young, hot, TERRI GARR….
I LOVE THIS CLIP…here’s GENE WILDER as DR. FRANKENSTEIN and PETER BOYLE as “THE MONSTER”, doing thier famous skit of “PUTTING ON THE RITZ.”…PETER BOYLE, by the way, played RAY ROMANO’S dad in the hit tv show “EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND.”
here is the “fight scene” from “SPACEBALLS” the movie featuring RICK MORANIS as “DARK HELMET” and BILL PULLMAN as “LONESTAR”….
3. CLASSIC LINE FROM THIS WEEKEND….
saturday i did the funeral for a beautiful 95 year old woman up in HECLA, and her family thought that the following words best described thier mom….it’s words for all of us to live by….
“WE SHOULD NOT ARRIVE AT DEATH’S DOOR ALL PRIM AND PROPER IN A PRETTY AND WELL-PRESERVED BODY. INSTEAD WE OUGHT TO ARRIVE BREATHLESSLY, SKIDDING BROADSIDE THROUGH THE PEARLY GATES, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING…”WOW…WHAT A RIDE.”
4. two other classic quotes from the weekend…
from a customer at the movies at the concession stand:
“I WANT BUTTER ON MY POPCORN, AND LOTS OF IT…MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A PELICAN DOWN IN THE BP SPILL IN THE GULF.”
this was from a good friend of mine, a farmer in the HECLA area……(talking about the weather, and making a joke about the rain soaked area….)
WELL, WE’RE OFFICIALLY HAVING A DROUGHT IN THE HECLA AREA….WE’VE ONLY HAD A QUARTER INCH OF RAIN THIS WEEK.”
(he spoke too soon…HECLA got almost an inch late saturday night…)
5. well, i got cocky last night….i have only beaten JEANNIE once in the basketball game, “HORSE”…..last night she grabbed the basketball and missed a few shots, so i thought, hey, maybe today’s my day to beat her….SHE PLAYED ME LIKE A FIDDLE…she cleaned my clock H-O-R-S-E- to nothing…..JEANNIE was a star basketball player for the ROSLYN VIKINGS, and made all lake region conference like every year since her 8th grade..she was incredible to watch…and cute too, i might add….
6. it’s NIGHTMARE WEEK AT CARKMIKE…another “TWILIGHT” movie comes out this week…..we always have MASSIVE CROWDS during the first week of this movie…and wouldn’t you know, it’s the FOURTH OF JULY weekend this weekend…..stupid vampires and werewolves…ha ha
7. a CALIFORNIA school was on “lock down” after a brawl interrupted a kindergarten graduation…two people were arrested and 27 were put in “time out.”
8. fictional books written for gay teenagers are becoming more popular….coming soon? “THE HARDY BOYS DOUBLE DATE HARRY POTTER AND RON WEASLEY.”
9. the SY FY network will be airing an original movie that will pit former 80’s teen queens DEBBIE GIBSON and TIFFANY against each other in battle…what the heck for? WHICH ONE HAS AGED THE WORST?
you be the judge….
here’s DEBBIE GIBSON…oh, i’m sorry, she’s now DEBORAH GIBSON…
and here’s 80’S pop star TIFFANY today…
and here they are together back in the 80’s…
10. billboard magazine reports that MICHAEL JACKSON has sold 35 million albums worldwide since he died..YOU HEAR THAT MICHAEL BOLTON?
11. the AMERICANS are out of the WORLD CUP SOCCER TOURNAMENT after being elminated by GHANA for the second time…GHANA took us out twice? HMM…i have this funny feeling i know which country we are going to invade next…
12. rocker GREGG ALLMAN underwent a succesful liver transplant….I HOPE TO HELL THEY WENT OUT OF THE MUSIC BUSINESS TO FIND ONE…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
One night, Tim was walking home when, all of a sudden, a thief jumped on him. Tim and the thief began to wrestle. They rolled about on the ground and Tim put up a tremendous fight. However, the thief managed to get the better of him and pinned him to the ground. The thief then went through Tim’s pockets and searched him. All the thief could find on Tim was 25 cents.
The thief was so surprised at this that he asked Tim why he had bothered to fight so hard for a 25 cents.
“Was that all you wanted?” Tim replied, “I thought you were after the five hundred dollars I’ve got in my shoe!”
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY…