WELCOME BACK EVERYBODY…AAAHHH..IT’S A FRESHIE…A BRAND NEW BLOG…FINALLY….
today’s daily blog sponsored, as always, by DAKOTA HOT TUBS AND DISCOUNT VAC BOTH IN ABERDEEN….
1. today in our celebrity salute, we pay homage to FRANCES ETHEL GUMM, who was born in GRAND RAPIDS, MINNESOTA….don’t remember the name? how about her stage name…..JUDY GARLAND….as you know, i am a huge huge huge huge fan of “THE WIZARD OF OZ”, and i thought it would be fun to salute their main star, even though she’s been gone for years. here are a couple of pictures of JUDY GARLAND back in the 30’s, when the movie was released….
JUDY GARLAND died in 1969 after years of excesses including alcohol and drugs…she was only 47 years old….here are some pictures of JUDY GARLAND late in her career….
here’s JUDY GARLAND on “THE ANDY WILLIAMS SHOW” back in 1965 singing a short version of ‘SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW.’
JUDY GARLAND, of course, is the mother of LIZA MINNELLI. i saw LIZA recently on tv, and she not only looks like her famous mother, but also SOUNDS just like her….here’s LIZA….
HEY HERE’S AN IDEA…THE REST OF THE WEEK WE’LL SALUTE THE OTHER CAST MEMBERS OF “THE WIZARD OF OZ.”…MAN I HAVE GOOD IDEAS…HA HA
2. album cover of the day….
speaking of the “WIZARD OF OZ”, we’re going to salute TOTO….no, not the dog, the band….”TOTO” had a great album back in 1978 called, appropriately enough, “TOTO”…here’s the album cover…
this album featured the great hits like “HOLD THE LINE”, “I’LL SUPPLY THE LOVE”, and “GEORGY PORGY”… here’s the video from their huge 1978 hit “HOLD THE LINE.”
3. JEANNIE AND I had the opportunity to catch up on movies at CARMIKE this past weekend…the first one we saw was “KNIGHT AND DAY” starring TOM CRUISE AND CAMERON DIAZ…we have both heard very mixed reviews of this movie, but we absolutely LOVED IT….it’s one of those movies that don’t make you think much…you can just sit back and watch and enjoy…had a pretty good plot, and TOM CRUISE sure plays the hero-comedian wonderfully….we recommend this one….
4. TWILIGHT OVERDOSE YESTERDAY….on monday, JEANNIE AND I sat at home and watched “NEW MOON” the second installment of the “TWILIGHT” series…i really enjoyed that one…and then after that we headed to CARMIKE to see the third installment called “ECLIPSE.” this series has a great storyline, and believe it or not, i can’t wait for the next one….although, i’m getting a bit tired of ROBERT PATTISON….he has that same “i’m so damn sexy” look on his face all the time….as for me, i’m on TEAM JACOB….TAYLOR LAUTNER plays a great character that i hope KRISTEN STEWART’S character ends up with…who ever thought that a vampire-werewolf movie could be a LOVE STORY? ha ha
5. my entire family spent all day saturday and part of sunday at my brother and sister in law’s at RICHMOND LAKE…i’ll tell you what’s relaxing….a two hour pontoon cruise around the lake…i don’t know of anything more relaxing, other than taking a nap. lots of food, lots of fun, although JEANNIE AND I missed the parade on sunday and we missed all the “balloon bombs” hitting the floats….well, maybe next year….
6. what a big rain last night….of course, i was at the softball field playing church softball…home plate and first base were SWAMPS…one of our girls, ASHLEY WAMPLER ended up on her butt at home plate, and she helped absorb a bunch of the water…ha ha
7. a NEW JERSEY woman was attacked by her girlfriend with a LITTERBOX…nobody was more suprised by this move, than the cat that was using the litterbox….now THAT’S real catfight…
8. the largest collection of mummies ever is being exhibited at “MUMMIES OF THE WORLD” at the CALIFORNIA science center in LOS ANGELES….it’s either at the museum or a ROLLING STONES concert…
9. BRITNEY SPEARS has her own clothing line at KOHL’S….you can find them hanging on the racks that have a screw loose…
10. a GERMAN man is in hot water for having a ADOLPH HITLER speech as his mobile phone ringtone…what is the phone company’s slogan? “WE HAVE WAYS OF MAKING YOU TALK.”
11. QUEEN ELIZABETH is visiting MANHATTAN today…and if she wants to hang out with some other queens, she’ll have to head to the set of “PROJECT RUNWAY.”
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Three blondes were sitting by the side of a river holding fishing poles with the lines in the water.
A game warden came up behind them, tapped one on the shoulder and said, “Excuse me, ladies, I’d like to see your fishing licenses.”
“We don’t have any.” replied the first blonde.
“Well, if you’re going to fish, you need fishing licenses.”
“But officer,” replied the second blonde, “we aren’t fishing. We all
have magnets at the end of our lines and we’re collecting debris off the bottom of the river.”
The warden lifted up all the lines and, sure enough, there were magnets tied on the end of each line.
“Well, I know of no law against it,” said the warden, “take all the debris you want.” And with that, he left.
As soon as he was out of sight, the three blondes started laughing hysterically.
“What a dumb cop,” the second blonde said to the other two, “doesn’t he know that there are steelhead trout in this river?!”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY EVERYBODY…