your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS IN ABERDEEN…
1. today we continue our salute to my all time favorite movie ‘THE WIZARD OF OZ.” you get two stars today, you lucky people….ladies first…..today we salute MARGARET HAMILTON, who played THE WICKED WITCH….i was TERRIFIED of this character when i was a kid….here’s a couple of pictures of MARGARET HAMILTON as MISS GULCH, and THE WICKED WITCH….
MARGARET HAMILTON died in 1985 of a heart attack at the age of 82….she also did commercials for MAXWELL HOUSE…remember this one? yep..that’s the WICKED WITCH selling coffee….
here’s MARGARET HAMILTON later in life…
2. today we’ll also salute RAY BOLGER who played THE SCARECROW in “THE WIZARD OF OZ.” here he is in his younger days, and as THE SCARECROW…
RAY BOLGER died in 1985 at the age of 82…same age as MARGARET HAMILTON….here he is in his later years…
we will continue our salute to THE WIZARD OF OZ tomorrow and friday!!!!
3. YOUR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“tell a man that there are four billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you….tell a man that a bench has wet paint, and he’ll have to touch it to make sure.”
4. wow….former “TONIGHT SHOW” band leader DOC SEVERINSEN is 82 today…..wondering what he looks like today? let’s find out…first of all, here’s a classic photo of DOC SEVERINSEN, ED MCMAHON, and the legendary JOHNNY CARSON.
and here’s the birthday boy, DOC SEVERINSEN today at the age of 82…..
5. YOUR CLASSIC ALBUM COVER FOR TODAY:
“NEW YORK, LONDON, PARIS, MUNICH, EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT…MMMM… POP MUZIK.” that’s right it’s “M”, otherwise known as ROBIN SCOTT with his classic 1979 album…..
this was one cool album, however, it’s the only one that did well for “M”…..here’s the song if you want to listen to it…
6. LINDSAY LOHAN is going to jail for 90 days….i’m certainly not HAPPY to see someone go to jail, but it does make me feel a little bit better knowing that a celebrity didn’t beat the justice system this time….
after hearing the verdict, LINDSAY instantly fell apart…
celebrity or no celebrity, i hope and pray that this jail time will help LINDSAY…she appears to be on a path to destruction, and that certainly shouldn’t make ANYONE happy….
7. man oh man, did i get a workout at CARMIKE THEATERS last night….we usually have a “mild” tuesday night, but it was super crazy last night….and i was busy cleaning theaters by myself….dripping wet with sweat….if i had a great “six pack” body, sweat would be cool…but with my overweight, bulging, 46 year old body, sweating is not so cool…ha ha….\
8. ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH closed two stores in MANHATTAN for fumigation because of bedbug infestations…they will re-open soon as “ABERCROMBIE AND ITCH.”
9. JFK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT was shut down temporarily on sunday due to a “bomb scare.” things turned out okay, when they found out the “bomb” was actually someone carrying a dvd copy of the movie “JONAH HEX.”
10. QUEEN ELIZABETH was in NEW YORK yesterday….gee…another queen on the streets of NEW YORK CITY…doesn’t sound like big news to me….
11. a summer heat wave has blasted the east coast…it’s so hot out east that people are filling movie theaters to see “THE LAST AIRBENDER” just for the air conditioning….
12. as i reported earlier, LINDSAY LOHAN is going to jail for breaking her probation…..things got off to a horrible start when the judge told LINDSAY that she was “ready to give her another shot.” and then LINDSAY yelled out “I’LL TAKE JAGERMEISTER.”
13. as part of a promotional campaign the PITTSBURGH ZOO gave a reduced admission price to anyone sporting a mullet….i think anybody wearing a mullet nowdays should BE A ZOO EXHIBIT…
14. tar balls have started arriving on TEXAS beaches, and in true TEXAS fashion, they are now claiming that “their tar balls are bigger than anyone else’s tar balls.”
15. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man walks into a bar with a dog.
The bartender says, “You can’t bring that dog in here.”
“You don’t understand,” says the man. “This is no regular dog, he can talk.”
“Listen, pal,” says the bartender. “If that dog can talk, I’ll give you a hundred bucks.”
The man puts the dog on a stool, and asks him, “What’s on top of a house?”
“Right. And what’s on the outside of a tree?”
“And who’s the greatest baseball player of all time?”
“I guess you’ve heard enough,” says the man. “I’ll take the hundred in twenties.”
The bartender is furious. “Listen, pal,” he says, “get out of here before I belt you.”
As soon as they’re on the street, the dog turns to the man and says, “Do you think I should have said DiMaggio?”
HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY…