your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN.
1. our WIZARD OF OZ salute continues today as we honor JACK HALEY, who played “THE TIN MAN” in my all time favorite movie….here’s a couple of pictures of JACK HALEY in the movie….
“someday they’ll errect a statue of me!!!!”
did you know that JACK HALEY wasn’t the first choice to play the TIN MAN? do you know who it was? JED CLAMPETT…actor BUDDY EBSEN was chosen to play the TIN MAN, but he developed an allergic reaction to the silver paint and almost died….here’s BUDDY EBSEN as the tin man….
here’s a couple of “later” pictures of JACK HALEY…the first one is with MICKEY ROONEY AND JUDY GARLAND…. JACK HALEY died in 1979 at the age of 80….
2. actor FRANK MORGAN was a busy busy man on the set of THE WIZARD OF OZ…he played numerous characters including “THE WIZARD OF OZ”, “THE DOORMAN”, “PROFESSOR MARVEL” the driver of the carriage, and the armed guard….here’s a couple of pictures of the characters that FRANK MORGAN played in the movie…
FRANK MORGAN died in 1949 at the age of only 59……
3. CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER FOR THE MARSHALL COUNTY SHARPSHOOTERS OF BRITTON, THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS AT THE 2010 DAISY BB GUN CHAMPIONSHIP IN ARKANSAS THIS PAST WEEKEND….one of my church kids in HECLA, JENA LUNZMAN, is a member of the team…
CONGRATS GIRLS AND COACHES…we’re proud of the way you represented northeast south dakota….
4. my good friend, DR. DAROLD OPP, does some incredible things for this community and for causes all over the world…i respect him so so much…DR. DAROLD OPP does a great children’s event every year called ‘MILES OF SMILES’ out at WYLIE PARK…it’s an awesome time for kids to meet their favorite cartoon characters…this year’s “MILES OF SMILES” is this saturday…if you need more information contact his office at 225-2236…here are a couple of pictures from past years…
one of these guys is DR. OPP, the other is a famous cartoon character…can you tell which one is which? ha ha
6. ALBUM COVER OF THE DAY:
this was “SUPERTRAMP’S” 1979 album “BREAKFAST IN AMERICA” that EVERYONE had back in the day…it featured a ton of their classic top ten hits including “GOODBYE STRANGER”, “THE LOGICAL SONG”, “TAKE THE LONG WAY HOME”, and others….
7. well, the countdown is on to my son MITCHELL’S 18th birthday tomorrow….tonight MITCHELL will fullfill a lifelong dream of trying to eat the “GUTBUSTER” at MAVERICK’S in ABERDEEN….i’ll let you know tomorrow if he makes it…ha ha
8. RUSSIA and the UNITED STATES are reportedly working out a deal to exchange prisoners…hey, maybe a change of environment will help LINDSAY LOHAN…
9. IRAN has issued a ban on western hairstyles including the “mullet”…..officials say that when they see BILLY RAY CYRUS, they should shoot first and ask questions later….
10. musical icon “PRINCE” says that the internet is completely done….so, according to PRINCE, the internet faces the same fate as…well…HIS CAREER…
11. a 91 year old woman was found living with the corpses of her late husband and her dead sister…..now you see what LARRY KING’S wife goes thru everyday….
12. believe it or not, there’s a new book out called “1,001 best places to have sex.” ironically enough, the bedroom isn’t one of them….ha ha
13. LEVI JOHNSTON has apologized to SARAH PALIN and her family for saying mean things about them to the media…JOHNSTON’S meanest comment was directed toward BRISTOL PALIN when he asked, “WHAT THE HELL KIND OF GIRL WOULD HAVE A BABY WITH A DIPSTICK LIKE ME?”
14. reaction continues to the jailing of LINDSAY LOHAN? what is she trying to do? become an honorary cast member of “DIFFERENT STROKES?”
15. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man who absolutely hated his wife’s cat decided to get rid of him one day by driving him 20 blocks from his home and leaving him at the park.
As he was nearing home, the cat was walking up the driveway.
The next day, he decided to drive the cat 40 blocks away and try the same thing.
As he was driving back into his driveway, there was the cat! He kept taking the cat farther and farther away, but the darn cat would always beat him home.
At last, he decided to drive a few miles away, turn right, then left, past the bridge, then right again and another right and so on until he reached what he thought was a safe distance from his home and he left the cat there.
Hours later, the man called home to his wife. “Jen, is the cat there?”
“Yes,” the wife answered. “Why do you ask?”
Frustrated, the man answered, “Put that damn cat on the phone. I’m lost and I need directions!”
ENJOY YOUR THURSDAY MY FRIENDS…