DAKOTA HOT TUBS AND DISCOUNT VAC bring you today’s daily blog…make sure to stop in and give them a big “thank you.”
1. today’s our final salute to the cast of my all time favorite movie, “THE WIZARD OF OZ.” today, it’s actor BERT LAHR, who played “THE COWARDLY LION.” here’s a couple of pictures of our favorite lion….
BERT LAHR died december 4th, 1967 at the age of 72…he was very very popular in other forms of entertainment including vaudeville, burlesque, and on broadway….here’s BERT LAHR in his later years….the first one has BERT in the middle of the group….
it’s amazing to me how you can be typecast as a character from a famous movie. just looking at his picture makes you think of “THE COWARDLY LION.” that’s a good actor…and that’s a GREAT movie….
2. I’M FEELING OLD TODAY…..my baby, MITCHELL, turns 18 years old today….where in the world did time go? i used to cringe when MOM AND DAD talked about how fast time flies, but now i’m living it…..and it makes me very sad…..we’re so proud of both of our boys, and MITCHELL is just a very nice, very sweet, very kind young man…..i want to thank TERRANCE KETTERLING from “KETTERLING PHOTOGRAPHY”, for being so kind as to let me show you a couple of MITCHELL’S senior pictures for this year….WE LOVE YOU MITCHELL…HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNSHINE….
HANDSOME LITTLE DEVIL ISN’T HE?
2. HE DID IT!!!! MITCHELL has been saying for years, that when he turns 18, he wants to go to MAVERICK’S and polish off “THE GUTBUSTER”…..well, we made his wish come true last night, AND THE LITTLE BUGGER DID IT…..MITCHELL ate every single bite of a 48 OUNCE NIGHTMARE OF A STEAK…..the last 6 bites took him over 45 minutes…we just sat there enjoying the moment watching him……ha ha….here are a couple of pictures of the event last night…(NOTICE HOW DOGGONE BIG THAT STEAK IS.)
i hope that MITCHELL enjoy’s his birthday today, and isn’t sick all day long…that’s a lot of meat to dump into your body…ha ha
3. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
BOY WILL THIS BRING BACK MEMORIES…this two minute commercial was a promo for ABC’S programs back in the early 70’s…see how many shows you remember…
4. YOUR CLASSIC ALBUM COVER FOR TODAY:
this was CHICAGO’S 1978 album “HOT STREETS” which featured the great songs “ALIVE AGAIN”, ” “NO TELL LOVER” and others…GREAT ALBUM…. “ALIVE AGAIN” is one of my top five favorite songs ever by CHICAGO…..
here’s a BONUS for you, my friends…here’s CHICAGO IN CONCERT singing “ALIVE AGAIN”….
and here’s the other song from “HOT STREETS”, here’s CHICAGO singing “NO TELL LOVER.”
5. LEBRON JAMES….didn’t watch his one hour pompous self promotion last night….but did find out that he’s going to the MIAMI HEAT…what an all star lineup….LEBRON JAMES, DWAYNE WADE, AND CHRIS BOSH…all three were the top three free agents in the offseason, and i do believe that this is the first time that the top three free agents went to one time….GET READY FOR THE MIAMI HEAT BANDWAGONERS….and by the way, my heart breaks for CLEVELAND CAVALIERS fans…their “hometown hero” dumped them and abandoned them….have you seen the letter from the owner of the CAVALIERS? here it is…
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;
As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.
This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.
Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.
The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.
There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.
You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.
You have given so much and deserve so much more.
In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:
“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”
You can take it to the bank.
If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.
Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.
Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.
This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.
But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.
The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.
Sleep well, Cleveland.
Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day….
I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:
DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue….
6. what is going on in ABERDEEN? we go from having no famous people coming to every week famous people coming…and it continues…guess who’s coming next?
that’s right….legendary comedian GALLAGHER is coming to ABERDEEN friday august 6th…keep listening for more details….
***DIG THIS BIG FONT…I CAN’T CHANGE IT…HA HA
7. retailers report sluggish sales in june…americans bought a lot of clothing, but that’s mainly because everybody is losing thier shirts….
8. the heat wave continues out east…it’s 100 and hazy….just like LARRY KING…
9. LEBRON JAMES has chosen his new team…it’s ‘TEAM JACOB.’
10. the emmy nominations were announced yesterday…DAVID LETTERMAN’S show got snubbed…and DAVE was so upset that he and his intern just talked last night…
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two guys go hunting. Jerry has never gone hunting while Joe has hunted all his life. When they get to the northern Wisconsin woods, Joe tells Jerry to sit by a tree and not make a sound while Joe checks out a deer stand. After he gets about a quarter of a mile away, Joe hears a blood-curdling scream. He rushes back to Jerry and yells, “I thought I told you to be quiet!” Jerry says, “Hey, I tried. I really did. When those snakes crawled over me, I didn’t make a sound. When that bear was breathing down my neck, I didn’t make a peep. But when those two chipmunks crawled up my pants leg and said, ‘Should we take them with us or eat them here?’ I couldn’t keep quiet any more!”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY..