the daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN….
1. today, we are going to salute SUZANNE PLESHETTE, who played BOB NEWHART’S wife, on “THE BOB NEWHART SHOW.” but, she also had a hand in one of the greatest ends to a tv show EVER….but first of all, here is SUZANNE PLESHETTE back in the early days….she was kind of a sexy young woman, too….
and here she is with BOB NEWHART on their tv show…
here is SUZANNE PLESHETTE in her later years…..even though she had nothing to do with the “NEWHART” show back in the 90’s, (until the end..hee hee), she forever linked the two by marrying one of the “NEWHART” stars, actor TOM POSTON….
and here’s a couple more of SUZANNE PLESHETTE in her later years…she died of lung cancer back in 2008.
2. and now….THE GREATEST END TO A TV SHOW EVER!!! back in the 90’s BOB NEWHART started a new tv show called “NEWHART”, where he was an innkeeper in vermont with his wife, played by actress MARY FRANN….the show included the dizzy STEPHANIE, and of course, who can forget, LARRY, MY BROTHER DARYL, AND MY OTHER BROTHER DARYL…well, when the show had it’s last episode, NOBODY could have predicted the end….i, like many others, consider this the greatest end to a tv show EVER EVER EVER….if you have ten minutes, watch the last segment of ‘NEWHART.’
3. in the late 70’s, a band named “THE CARS” burst onto the scene with thier first album…an album, that EVERBODY had…(either on album or cassette, or 8-track..ha ha)….here it is…
this album featured “THE CARS” classic songs like “MY BEST FRIEND’S GIRL”, “LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL”, “JUST WHAT I NEEDED”, “BYE BYE LOVE” and more….great album…great band..
here are “THE CARS” live in 1979 with “JUST WHAT I NEEDED.”
4. well, last night i discovered something that i will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER DO AGAIN….and that’s a guarantee….I UMPED HOME PLATE AT A SOFTBALL GAME…AND I HATED IT….granted, it was church softball, and both teams were very cordial, but i was totally uncomfortable back there, and i know i blew about five calls……(which means i could be a professional ump!!!)
5. legendary american news reporter JOHN PAPENDICK had an article in today’s newspaper talking about all the people that come up to him saying that they used to be an ‘american news’ paper carrier….WELL, JOHN, ADD JAY DEAN TO THE GROUP….back in the 70’s, my brother TROY AND I delivered the ‘american news’ in VEBLEN…it was fun for us, probably not so fun for MOM AND DAD having to get up to drive us around….what did we do with the money we made? WE PUT EVERY LAST DAMN QUARTER IN PINBALL MACHINES AND JUKEBOXES….both of us were ‘pinball wizards’ at LIENS’S RECREATION IN VEBLEN, and RUBE’S ARCADE IN BRITTON…..
6. speaking of the paper, I LOVE JEFF BAHR….JEFF has his own blog called ‘SHOOTING THE BREEZE’, which i read religiously….he’s a very entertaining guy, and really does “downhome” pieces for the paper…and i’m proud to call him my friend….i visited with him on the phone the other day, and he’s always so cordial and nice…..
7. press secretary ROBERT GIBBS said that democrats could lose the HOUSE this year…..it’s their way of relating to a lot of other AMERICANS….
8. some historians now beleive that KING ARTHUR’S ROUND TABLE could have seated up to 1,000 people…unfortunately it was shut down because the fire marshall only allowed 900…..
9. the YMCA announced that it is creating a more welcoming image by downsizing it’s name to “THE ‘Y'”….this will also make it a heck of a lot easier doing the VILLAGE PEOPLE’S ‘YMCA’….
10. a 62 year old woman in JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI, was arrested for possessing THIRTY POUNDS OF POT that she claimed was for her ‘glaucoma.’….what the heck was her name? MRS. MAGOO?
11. FIDEL CASTRO appeared on CUBAN tv yesterday in a prime time special…he then announced that he was moving to MIAMI to play for THE HEAT….
12. a CANADIAN bison owner is drawing tourists because his prize bison are so spoiled that he lets them wander around his house…to see that you could either go to CANADA, or travel back in time to my dorm room at KRAMER HALL at NORTHERN STATE….
13. a tortoise has shown up back at his owner’s home in NEW HAMPSHIRE four years after disappearing…it took him years, crawling along, to get back to where he started from….which is why they named him, “BRITISH PETROLEUM.”
14. a 30 year old british woman was found dead while using a sex toy and watching porn….the coroner pronounced her D.O.A….(dead on arrousal.)
15. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Walking up to a department store’s fabric counter, the pretty girl said, “I would like to buy this material for a new dress. How much does it cost?”
“Only one kiss per yard,” replied the male clerk with a smirk.
“That’s fine,” said the girl. “I’ll take ten yards.”
With expectation and anticipation written all over his face, the clerk quickly measured out the cloth, wrapped it up, then teasingly held it out.
The girl snapped up the package, pointed to the old geezer standing beside her, and smiled, “Grandpa will pay the bill.”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY EVERYBODY…