your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS OF ABERDEEN….
1. in our celebrity spotlight today, we feature actor KEN KERCHEVAL, who is celebrating his 75th birthday today….you will remember KEN, as the super villian CLIFF BARNES on the hit tv show “DALLAS.” here a picture of KEN KERCHEVAL…
and here is our birthday boy today at the age of 75….
speaking of the cast of “DALLAS”, let’s see what they are up to today…here’s an older picture of part of the cast…
and here’s the cast today!!!!
2. YOUR CLASSIC ALBUM COVER FOR TODAY…
“FLEETWOOD MAC” member LINDSAY BUCKINGHAM had a brief solo career back in 1983….that’s when he released his album “LAW AND ORDER”. this featured the hit song “TROUBLE.” pretty good album, from a great talent…..
here’s LINDSAY BUCKINGHAM “live” back in 1992 doing ‘TROUBLE.’
3. YOUR CLASSIC TV COMMERCIAL…
remember the cereal “KING VITAMIN?” here’s a 1970’s commercial for this breakfast cereal…
4. it seems now that i’ve brought up the subject, everyone’s doing it trying to really tork me off…ha ha….yesterday, i was slowed down by AT LEAST a dozen cars driving SLOWLY IN THE LEFT LANE….ummm…i beleive that the left lane is a “passing lane.” i can’t believe the number of people that use that lane of 6th avenue to putz along at 10-15 miles per hour….is it still illegal to ram someone from behind? hee hee
5. i haven’t played video games with my boys for a few weeks now…..so last night MITCHELL AND I sat down to play a baseball game on nintendo 64….30 minutes later, i stuck my tail between my legs and wandered upstairs after a 34-7 MAULING by my own flesh and blood…..major buttkicking…and MITCHELL handled it with class….he even put it on facebook….
6. we have a makeup softball game tonight at 8:30 at moccasin creek softball complex at 8:30…come on out if you want to get a good laugh…ha ha….as i mentioned the other day, i can GUARANTEE i won’t be umping behind the plate…hopefully i’ll be out in the field, where i can’t see the ball coming anymore….that should make for an interesting night….
7. officials in VIENNA, AUSTRIA, asked people to keep thier mouths closed while swimming in public pools because they’re swallowing over 1300 gallons of pool water a day….1100 gallons of it are pee…..
8. GEORGE STEINBRENNER’S family will have a private service in FLORIDA…plans are subject to change, because THE BOSS keeps firing the pallbearers….
9. MEL GIBSON allegedly threatens to burn down the house of his ex-girlfriend in the fourth tape of his calls that was found….what’s the deal with HOLLYWOOD today? MEL GIBSON keeps going over the line, and LINDSAY LOHAN trying to snort it….
10. MTV is bringing back the series “BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD.” those idiot boys are glad to be back, and say they need a break from their engineering jobs with BRITISH PETROLEUM….
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
John invited his mother over for dinner. During the course of the meal, his mother couldn’t help but notice how beautiful John’s roommate was. She had long been suspicious of a relationship between John and his roommate, and this had only made her more curious.
Over the course of the evening, while watching the two react, she started to wonder if there was more between John and his roommate than met the eye.
Reading his mom’s thoughts, John volunteered, “I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you Julie and I are just roommates.”
About a week later, Julie came to John saying, “Ever since your mother came to dinner, I’ve been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don’t suppose she took it, do you?”
John said, “Well, I doubt it, but I’ll write her a letter just to be sure.”
So he sat down and wrote: “Dear Mother, I’m not saying that you ‘did’ take the gravy ladle from my house, I’m not saying that you ‘did not’ take the gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.”
Several days later, John received a letter from his mother which read: “Dear Son, I’m not saying that you ‘do’ sleep with Julie, and I’m not saying that you ‘do not’ sleep with Julie. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the gravy ladle by now.”
OKAY, HOW ABOUT THIS ONE ……
An 8 year old boy loved going to the Web, and he kept track of his passwords by writing them on Post-it notes.
His mom noticed that his Disney password was “MickeyMinnieGoofyPluto,” and so she asked why it was so long.
“Because,” the boy explained, “they say it has to have at least four characters.”
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY EVERYBODY…