OH, BABY, IT’S FRIDAY….this is me as a baby….can you believe that something so cute turned into this?
your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS IN ABERDEEN….crazy days deals waiting for you today at DISCOUNT VAC…make sure to stop by and thank BRIDGET for sponsoring the blog….and DAKOTA HOT TUBS has incredible deals on trailers right now…make sure to thank DALEN for bringing you today’s blog…..
1. happy birthday wishes this weekend to legendary comedian PHYLIS DILLER….she turns 93 this weekend, and is still touring….93!!!! wow….first of all, i don’t think i will even live to 93, but if i do, don’t expect to hear or see this body on radio!! ha ha….here’s PHYLIS DILLER back in the day….
and here’s funnywoman PHYLIS DILLER today at the age of 93….
here’s some classic PHYLIS DILLER from “THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW”….
2. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL:
my wife JEANNIE got me singing this jingle yesterday, so i had to find the commercial…..’I AM STUCK ON BAND AID BRAND, CAUSE BAND AIDS STUCK ON ME.”
3. YOUR CLASSIC ALBUM COVER FOR TODAY:
remember these guys?
it’s THE BAY CITY ROLLERS, and their classic album “WOULDN’T YOU LIKE IT?” it featured their awesome song, “SATURDAY NIGHT”, and other great music…..dig the clothing, man!!!
THIS VIDEO IS SO COOL…it’s THE BAY CITY ROLLERS with ANN MARGARET singing “SATURDAY NIGHT”…the best part is the old people rockin’ to the music!!!
4. some sad news….everyone’s heard his opening line, “THIS IS THE AMERICAN AG NETWORK…I’M LYLE ROMINE.” LYLE ROMINE died yesterday in NORTH DAKOTA at the age of 59 of cancer….i’ve met him before and he was incredibly nice…here’s LYLE…you will be missed!!!
5. more sad news: legendary NASHVILLE songwriter HANK COCHRAN died yesterday in NASHVILLE at the age of 74..you may not know the name, but you will know the music…here’s some of the all time standard that HANK COCHRAN wrote…
“I FALL TO PIECES” BY PATSY CLINE
“MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY” FOR EDDY ARNOLD
“THE CHAIR” BY GEORGE STRAIT
“DON’T YOU EVER GET TIRED OF HURTING ME” BY RONNIE MILSAP….
plus dozens and dozens of other hits….
here’s the legendary PATSY CLINE shortly before her untimely death in a plane crash…she’s singing “I FALL TO PIECES.”
6. boy, nothing takes the steam out of a softball game like an ambulance on the field for a half hour….scary moment last night, as a young lady from the other team ran smack into one of our guys…total accident…freak accident…but it knocked her out cold….we had a prayer last night, and i hope and pray today that she’s okay….i’m sure she is…she was talking a bit when the ambulance took her away…..
7. i think i really want to see the new LEONARDO DICAPRIO movie “INCEPTION”, which comes out today at carmike….it’s about dreams…and usually, movies about dreams mess with my head….and there’s not much in my head to mess with!!!
8. PRESIDENT OBAMA spoke yesterday in MICHIGAN at an electric battery plant…without electric batteries, there would be no electric cars, or DICK CHENEY pacemakers….
9. police in HUNTINGTON BEACH, CALIFORNIA are investigating after some men throwing a bachelor party, claimed that two strippers they hired, refused to strip, took the men’s money, and pepper sprayed them and punched them in the face. on the plus side, the groom will be able to honestly say that his marriage is more fun than the bachelor party!!!
10. a MICHIGAN couple was convicted of trying to extor $680,000 dollars from actor JOHN STAMOS….they should have pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity for thinking that JOHN STAMOS actually had $680,000 dollars…
11. PAUL MCCARTNEY insisted that a photo of THE BEATLES be removed from a LIVERPOOL ENGLAND mcdonald’s because he’s a vegetarian….also, RINGO STARR is a french fry cook there, and PAUL didn’t want to embarrass him….
12. more controversy for LINDSAY LOHAN….a poster from her new movie shows her dressed as a nun, licking a gun barrel….and she’s completely jealous of the gun, because it was LOADED…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
At an all-girl college, dates were permitted only on Saturday night. One young man showed up on a Tuesday evening, explaining to an older woman in the lobby of the dorm, that it was imperative he see a certain young lady immediately.
“I want to surprise her. You see, I’m her brother.”
“Oh, she’ll be surprised all right,” said the woman. “But think of how I feel. I’m her mother.”
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY…