your daily blog is sponsored by your friends and mine, at DAKOTA HOT TUBS AND DISCOUNT VAC, BOTH IN ABERDEEN…
1. we now continue our salute to:
here’s the famous sign from the show:
our first salute today is actor GARY BURGHOFF, who played “RADAR O’REILLY”, the young, ‘i miss home’ character on the show…here is GARY BURGHOFF on the show, and today at the age of 70 !!!!
MAX KLINGER, the cross dressing soldier, was played by JAMIE FARR….here’s KLINGER on the show, and JAMIE FARR today at the age of 76…..
and finally today, we salute actor WILLIAM CHRISTOPHER, who played FATHER MULCAHEY on the show…he was in ABERDEEN last year in a stage production…how cool is that? here is WILLIAM CHRISTOPHER on the show and today at the age of 77….
2. YOUR CLASSIC ALBUM COVER FOR TODAY:
AMII STEWART had one hit single…it went top ten and it was called “KNOCK ON WOOD.” the song hit the top ten in 1979….AMII STEWART never had good chart success after that song, but it’s a memorable song.
by the way, most people had the 45 of this song, and not the full album…..
here’s the video of ‘KNOCK ON WOOD’…
3. SORRY CHARLIE…here’s a 1980’s commercial for STARKIST tuna….
4. man, are we turning into old people…ha ha…last night when i got home from CARMIKE, JEANNIE AND I decided to crash on the couch and watch a movie. we decided on the JACK BLACK, MICHAEL CERA comedy “YEAR ONE”, a movie that i hated in the theaters. JEANNIE thought that maybe i would like it better the second time, as she liked it much better in time number two…for me? not so much…in fact, 30 minutes into it, we were both crashed on our separate couches, completely dead to the world. great, we’re turning into our parents!!!! (just kidding MOM AND DAD)
5. speaking of parents, isn’t it funny how we “morph” into our parents as every year goes by? there are many things that i said i would NEVER do that MOM AND DAD did or said, and wouldn’t you know, i’m using them on my kids….i’ve always told people that it’s inevitable, because we’re like sponges during the first 18 years of our lives….they most formidable years of our lives….luckily I had a great childhood with fantastic parents….and so did JEANNIE, and so did MITCHELL AND TYLER….
6. A MOVIE I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE…i’m getting so much crap from my fellow employees at CARMIKE, because i want to go and see the new movie coming 0ut this weekend called “RAMONA AND BEEZUS”…..back in grade school in BRITTON, i LOVED the “RAMONA QUIMBY” book series by BEVERLY CLEARY…i’m thrilled that the movie is coming out, and even if i have to go alone, i will go see it very soon….
7. BP or “BRITISH PETROLEUM” CEO TONY HAYWARD is close to resigning….and naturally, his company LEAKED the memo.
8. BRITISH PRIME MINISTER DAVID CAMERON was grilled about the BP oil spill leak on his trip to the UNITED STATES, but AMERICANS are forgiving….some even offered to take his picture next to the well cap….
9. a mechanic from WEST BROMWICH, ENGLAND, is such a ‘TOY STORY’ freak, that he legally changed his name to ‘BUZZ LIGHTYEAR.’ he wanted to change his name to “WOODY”, but his wife said, “ummm…not so much.”
10. MEL GIBSON began shooting a new movie this week…it’s an “action film”. MEL plays the part of the explosives….
11. did you hear that O.J. SIMPSON’S former lawyer, ROBERT SHAPIRO, has already resigned as LINDSAY LOHAN’S lawyer? WOW…how crazy do you have to be that you drive off the man who stood by O.J. SIMPSON?
12. 84 year old HUGH HEFNER said that even after all these years, seeing a naked woman “never really loses it’s magic.” unless the woman is his age….
13. the soup shop that inspired the “SOUP NAZI” in the “SEINFELD” tv series, has reopened in NEW YORK CITY….JESSE JAMES showed up and was disappointed that nobody was actually wearing a nazi uniform….
14. JENNIFER ANISTON got a restraining order against a stalker who wanted to marry her….the poor guy showed up at her doorsteps and said that ANGELINA and all those damn kids were driving him crazy…hee hee
15. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A businessman enters a tavern, sits down at the bar, and orders a double martini on the rocks. After he finishes the drink, he peeks inside his shirt pocket, then orders the bartender to prepare another double martini. After he finishes that it, he again peeks inside his shirt pocket and orders the bartender to bring another double martini.
The bartender says, “Look, buddy, I’ll bring ya’ martinis all night long – but you gotta tell me why you look inside your shirt pocket before you order a refill.”
The customer replies, “I’m peeking at a photo of my wife. When she starts to look good, I know it’s time to go home.”
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY EVERYBODY…