DAKOTA HOT TUBS AND DISCOUNT VAC, BOTH IN ABERDEEN, are the proud sponsors of “the daily blog.”
1. in our “today and yesterday” segment, we feature the epitomy of what a game show host should be…it’s BOB EUBANKS….BOB was the host of “THE NEWLYWED GAME”, “CARD SHARKS”, and more…did you know that BOB EUBANKS is the man credited for starting the phrase “MAKING WHOOPEE?” yep…back in the “NEWLYWED” days…here’s BOB EUBANKS back then….
and here’s BOB EUBANKS today at the tender age of 72….
remember this crazy blonde on “THE NEWLYWED GAME?”
this is one of the most classic game show answers, and it’s stuff that urban legend is made from. BOB EUBANKS, up until a few years back, said that this never ever happened on his show…but it did..check it out…
2. i don’t know why i was thinking about this the other day, but do you remember “KUKLA FRAN AND OLLIE?” here they are…
here’s a classic video from the saturday morning show….
3. well, as long as we’re talking puppets and people, let’s show you a picture of another classic…it’s SHARI LEWIS….featuring LAMBCHOP.
SHARI’S other puppets included “HUSH PUPPY” “CHARLIE HORSE” AND “WING DING”…here’s a video of SHARI LEWIS and her gang…
4. one of my favorite things at local eateries isn’t even a main course….it’s the salad dressing at MAVERICK’S…there’s NOTHING BETTER than MAVERICK’S french dressing…it’s homemade, and i will have no other salad dressing when i go there….i have NEVER EVER tasted a salad topping that i like as much as this stuff.
5. last night JEANNIE, TYLER, MITCHELL, AND I went to see the new movie “DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS.” this is the comedy starring STEVE CARRELL, and PAUL RUDD….it was really really good, although the “dinner” didn’t even happen until toward the end of the movie…it has a great story to it, and STEVE CARRELL plays a really great nerd….and if anyone knows nerds, it’s me. if you’re in the mood for a funny movie that doesn’t make you think that much, check out “DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS.”
6. apparently, BRETT FAVRE has retired…AGAIN…he supposedly sent text messages to a few MINNESOTA VIKINGS players telling them that his ankle isn’t coming along as he had hoped, so he’s going to officially retire for good….RIGHT….LIKE WE BELIEVE HIM….don’t get me wrong…I WANT BRETT FAVRE TO QUARTERBACK THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS…it’s the VIKES best chance of making the super bowl….however, i’m really tired of the drama….either play or stay home…it’s that easy….cut out the crap…if you retire, BRETT, stay retired and out of the limelite for awhile….
7. MORRIS YOHAI, creator of the “CHEEZ DOODLE,” died at the age of 90 this week. the family has specifically asked the undertaker to make him look good, so his fingers look orange for the memorial viewing….
8. the PRINCETON REVIEW has once again named BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY as the “most sober” college in AMERICA…they’d celebrate, but they don’t know how…
9. KING TUT’S chariot arrived at the DISCOVERY CENTER IN TIME SQUARE…and out of habit, TOYOTA recalled it because of a steering problem….
10. after PRESIDENT OBAMA’S visit to “THE VIEW” the other day, he plans on seeing other talk shows, too…next, he’ll appear on the “MAURY POVICH” show to take a paternity test to prove that he’s not “THE FATHER OF OUR COUNTRY.”
11. model GISELLE BUNDCHEN says that she’d like an international law forcing women to breastfeed their children. me too, but only if they all look like GISELLE BUNDCHEN….
12. a NEW JERSEY man has been jailed after making himself vomit on a fellow spectator at a baseball game…it happened during the seventh inning retch….
13. TOKYO’S oldest man was found dead, and the oldest woman is missing….”THE GRIM REAPER IS BACK…AND THIS TIME IT’S PERSONAL…”
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
This bartender is in a bar, when this really hot chick walks up and says in a sexy seductive voice, “May I please speak to your manager?” He says, “Not right now, is there anything I can help you with?” She replies, “I don’t know if your the man to talk to…its kind of personal…” Thinking he might get lucky, he goes, “I’m pretty sure I can handle your problem, miss.” She then looks at him with a smile, and puts two of her fingers in his mouth…and he begins sucking them, thinking “I’m in!!!” She goes, “Can you give the manager something for me?” The bartender nods…yes. “Tell him there’s no toilet paper in the ladies restroom.”
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY…