today’s daily blog sponsored, as always, by the wonderful folks at DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN.
HI…MY NAME IS JAY DEAN…WOULD YOU BE MY FRIEND? AND WOULD YOU CHANGE MY DIAPER PLEASE?
1. today in our “today and yesterday” segment, we feature actor and director PETER BONERZ, who played the dentist on “THE BOB NEWHART SHOW.” he’s celebrating birthday number 72 today….remember this guy? of course, he’s with BOB NEWHART on these pictures….
and here is PETER BONERZ today at the age of 72….
i GUARANTEE you’ve seen some of the entertainment pieces that PETER BONERZ has directed or produced…..he directed many episodes of “FRIENDS”, “MURPHY BROWN”, NEWSRADIO”, “HOME IMPROVEMENT” and “ALF.”
2. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
remember the toy “MERLIN”? you will remember it…
3. i have to post a video today….my brother TROY AND I, used to absolutely love the 1981 hit “I LOVE YOU” by THE CLIMAX BLUES BAND….i was reading today that this song still gets around 20,000 airplays a year on radio stations around the world…cool…here’s the video…GET READY TO SING ALONG….
4. this weekend is going to be a big weekend for our family…my nephew COREY is marrying the love of his life, LEAH….COREY AND LEAH are such a good couple, and i have no problem telling you that they will do great as a married couple…..this is the first niece or nephew to get married on my family side…GOOD LUCK COREY AND LEAH…WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH….
5. i was coming home from HECLA last night, and it sounded like it was raining heavy….but the problem was, IT WAS BUGS….man, i had to stop like five times to wash my windows…they were just hitting the window by the hundreds, and it was quite a mess….
6. FANTASY FOOTBALL IS JUST ABOUT HERE…i cannot wait….i was reading some stats on fantasy football, and it says that people that play fantasy football think that their “draft day” is more important than the “super bowl”. that’s funny…our draft will be coming up within the next four weeks, and i’m just giddy waiting for it….
7. the gulf oil well is done for good….too bad we can’t say that for sure about BRETT FAVRE….
8. BP began pumping a steady stream of fresh cement into the oil leak yesterday, hoping to seal it for good…it should work, because the cement was mixed by THE MAFIA….
9. some senate republicans say that the “medicare public service announcement” with ANDY GRIFFITH is actually an illegal political ad, and they want it pulled from tv and they want the taxpayers reimbursed…good luck with that….the WHITE HOUSE lawyer is MATLOCK….
10. a new study finds that more people are actually ADMITTING that they are obese….wow…how big of them….
11. all DISNEY theme parks in the UNITED STATES are raising their prices today…it was either that or lay off three of the seven dwarfs….
12. ARETHA FRANKLIN cancelled two concerts after she fell and broke a couple of ribs….fortunately, the waitress brought her another plate of them….
13. ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT host, and SOUTH DAKOTA NATIVE, MARY HART, is leaving the show after her upcoming 30th season….MARY’S been interviewing celebrities for so long, that she even remembers when CHER was only 45 percent plastic….
14. a woman says that she discovered that her husband married a second woman, after SEEING PICTURES OF THE COUPLE ON “FACEBOOK.” wow….she’s not only divorcing him, but she’s also “de-friending him” on FACEBOOK…
15. JOKE OF THE DAY:
|Upon arriving home, a husband was met at the door by his sobbing wife. Tearfully she explained,
“It’s the druggist. He insulted me terribly this morning on the phone. I had to call multiple times before he would even answer the phone.”
Immediately, the husband drove downtown to confront the druggist and demand an apology.
Before he could say more than a word or two, the druggist told him,
“Now, just a minute, listen to my side of it. This morning the alarm failed to go off,
so I was late getting up. I went without breakfast and hurried out to the car,
just to realize that I’d locked the house with both house and car keys inside and had to break a window to get my keys.
“Then, driving a little too fast, I got a speeding ticket. Later, when I was about three blocks from the store, I had a flat tire.”
“When I finally got to the store a bunch of people were waiting for me to open up.
I got the store opened and started waiting on these people, all the time the darn phone was ringing off the hook.”
He continued, “Then I had to break a roll of nickels against the cash
register drawer to make change, and they spilled all over the floor.
I had to get down on my hands and knees to pick up the nickels and
the phone was still ringing.
When I came up I cracked my head on the open cash drawer, which made me stagger back against a showcase with a bunch of perfume bottles on it. Half of them hit the floor and broke.”
“Meanwhile, the phone is still ringing with no let up, and I finally got
back to answer it.
It was your wife. She wanted to know how to use a
And believe me mister, as God is my witness, all I did was tell her.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY…